Have a look at Project Entropy...

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Have a look at Project Entropy...

OrcSlayer(Posted 2006) [#1]
This is a very basic test of the engine, which is currently about 70% complete. Will soon be complete enough for a demo release (1 mission, a few weapons, a few opponents). Full version will have 12 missions spread across three distinct environments, 17 unique and upgradeable weapons, and plenty of opponents to use them on!

(And no, the rifle cannot hold that much ammo in game. I just gave it tons of ammo for testing)

Mustang(Posted 2006) [#2]
70K polys on screen - where are they? :) Looks little simple for that much polys flying around. Basically OK looking though, gun is nice. More color and color variation in general could be good? Any enemies to show?

OrcSlayer(Posted 2006) [#3]
Actually 90% or more of the polys are in the terrain. I'm going to split it up into smaller chunks so they won't all render at once...

I'm going to brighten up the sky a bit, and there WILL be static scenery objects before anything is released. Both rocks/debris and structures (think RTS).

My artist and I are working on the enemies starting tomorrow. We already had one, but we decided to take a different, easier method that will allow for far more characters on screen at once.

Hopefully we'll have a game interface to show off soon as well.

Warren(Posted 2006) [#4]
(And no, the rifle cannot hold that much ammo in game. I just gave it tons of ammo for testing)

Oh thank goodness! I was really concerned for a moment there.

Chroma(Posted 2006) [#5]
I think there's too much gun showing. It's taking up about 25% of the screen. The crosshair is hard to see also. Other than that it looks like it's shaping up nicely. Nice work Orc!

OrcSlayer(Posted 2006) [#6]
Crosshair is temp...good thing too since no matter what color I used it still didn't show up right.

The rifle placement is fairly important since all projectiles are created from the weapon muzzle itself, on both first and third person versions.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2006) [#7]
That's fine so far. Will this be a reentrant level loader, or is it a single purpose exe?

OrcSlayer(Posted 2006) [#8]
The finished game will have 14 seperate missions that are hardcoded into it, no external editor (though it will be easy for me to add content for possible expansions). Global resources are loaded at startup, while mission specific resources are loaded for each mission and freed when it is cleared.