Peter Cushing

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Peter Cushing

JustLuke(Posted 2006) [#1]
Here's the start of a model that I've been working on. It's a stylised representation of a youngish Peter Cushing - sort of a cross between his appearance as Van Helsing/Frankenstein/Dr Who - for an unofficial "hammer horror" game that I'm developing

I've yet to optimise the mesh, because at the moment I'm still working on developing an accurate likeness. I'd like some feedback on it - namely, do you think it resembles the actor, and, if not, how do you think it could be improved?

For those of you who don't know who he is (shame on you), this is Peter Cushing:

John Blackledge(Posted 2006) [#2]
Nice - but higher forehead needed.

Matty(Posted 2006) [#3]
It is a good likeness considering it is a more 'cartoony' style (or seems to be), texturing the hair will be a big part I'd imagine.

JustLuke(Posted 2006) [#4]
A quick update. The basic model is almost complete, bar tweaks and textures. Any and all feedback is appreciated.

Once again, he's a young, cartoony Peter Cushing in vampire hunter mode. He's intended to be the player controlled character in a game that is very much inspired by classic Hammer horror movies. Does he look like a young Peter Cushing to you? Do you "like" him in terms of his visual "personality"?

Pete Carter(Posted 2006) [#5]
spot on love it cant wait to see it textured and animated.

Pete

Ricky Smith(Posted 2006) [#6]
Excellent likeness ! I met Peter Cushing once at Broadstairs Railway station in 1978 - he quite often used to take the train from there, where he lived, to Herne Bay and walk all the way back along the coast.

Mustang(Posted 2006) [#7]
Nice!

JoshK(Posted 2006) [#8]
You forgot this:

Matty(Posted 2006) [#9]
Love it.

Yeshu777(Posted 2006) [#10]
Looks great.

JustLuke(Posted 2006) [#11]
You forgot this: (Picture of Moff Tarkin)

I really wish that George Lucas had let Peter Cushing play Tarkin in the same way that he had played Van Helsing. It would have been fun to have seen him leap over a table, with his hair flapping about like crazy, and slap Vader silly when he tried to Jedi choke him. He just wouldn't have stood for any of those shenanigans. Of course, it would have shortened the Star Wars trilogy to the length of about half a film.

JustLuke(Posted 2006) [#12]
Smiff wrote:
I met Peter Cushing once at Broadstairs Railway station in 1978...

Really? Lucky blighter. I would've loved to have had the opportunity to meet Peter Cushing.

skn3(Posted 2006) [#13]
Looks awesome. The nose is a tad too pointy though!

mrtricks(Posted 2006) [#14]
Brilliant! Just like him and a great character besides. And kudos for thinking of such a great game to make!

Jon_E_5(Posted 2006) [#15]
Hey hey nice one Luke. It looks the spitting image of him, in a comic sort of way, I love it. Will be great if you get the face to show all his trade mark facial expressions but in an exaggerated way. I shall watch for further developements :-) Keep up the good work.

D4NM4N(Posted 2006) [#16]
couple of stakes, some garlic, misty english moors, throw in christopher lee and some hot big boobed thralls and you got a hammer film :)

nice work!

heh, did that guy ever have meat on his bones?