First finished weapon for my game project...

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/First finished weapon for my game project...

OrcSlayer(Posted 2006) [#1]
My artist just finished the Armco M.58 assault rifle model for my current game project, Entropy. Here's a shot of it...

clownhunter(Posted 2006) [#2]
Looks nice. How many polies?

OrcSlayer(Posted 2006) [#3]
The rifle itself is 2529, the magazine is 494. They will usually be the same mesh, but my artist accidently unwrapped it before doing the magazine, so I told him heck, just do it serperately. The gun texture is 1024x1024 and the magazine texture is 512x512.

Game Stats (In case anyone was wondering)
Armco M.58 Assault Rifle
Caliber: 6x40mm
Fire Modes: Semi-Automatic, Three Round Burst, Automatic
Magazine Capacity: 32 (33 with a chambered round)

This weapon features good armor piercing, despite it's overall low damage. In burst and semi-automatic modes, it will be fairly accurate at moderate ranges.

Sanctus(Posted 2006) [#4]
er isn't that a bit to much???

OrcSlayer(Posted 2006) [#5]
It's first person only, he's currently making a lowpoly version for other characters that will have a single 512x512 texture. Only one instance of this model will ever be visible at once...

By the way, we're using .dds textures, so the resolutions aren't as overboard as they sound...

WedgeBob(Posted 2006) [#6]
Hmm, doesn't look too far away from a MAC-10, nice going.

Matty(Posted 2006) [#7]
Texture does not look like it contains a great deal of detail considering it is 1024x1024.

The model is nice however, some antialiasing on those screenshots would make it look nicer though - some quite jagged edges there.

OrcSlayer(Posted 2006) [#8]
It's a raw Blitz render, and I can never seem to get FSAA to work...

Yan(Posted 2006) [#9]
If your really worried about it. You can render at the highest res your card can handle and scale down the screen grab.

OrcSlayer(Posted 2006) [#10]
Really I'm not, it seems to look pretty good in game...besides, some people seem to be able to use FSAA. I'll just make it an option maybe?

RAM: You noticed the MAC-10 infulence eh? Actually I added the MAC-10ish looking stuff in the final stage of design, and didn't even notice it looked like that until I was trying to describe what I wanted to my artist...

Nathaniel(Posted 2006) [#11]
Looks Great!

Jon_E_5(Posted 2006) [#12]
Looks very nice. I like the worn metal edges (very nice).
The polycount sounds like its a bit on the heavy side IMO. The texture size seems extreme if you ask me. 512x512 is more than enough for general game use. For the other characters in the scene you'd probably only need to use a 256x256 or even 128x128 you'd be surprised what you can get away with on screen.

Good work though.