My first tablet drawing

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/My first tablet drawing

po(Posted 2006) [#1]

I made it in Illustrator CS2 (using one of my Tintin books as a reference.) I'm just learning, but Illustrator is a pretty cool tool, although Live Paint keeps ticking me off (probably due to my inexperience.)
I used my new Wacom Intuos3 6x8 graphics tablet. Although using live paint deletes any pressure sensitive brushes I had :(

I'm faced with a delemma: Buy a new graphics card or buy the complete Tintin collection :)

Sanctus(Posted 2006) [#2]
Preety good

Pete Carter(Posted 2006) [#3]
new graphics card m8, ive got a wacom tablet got to admit ive never really got used to it and most of the time scan and finish off in photoshop. im going to get illustrator as its a really great program for line art.

WedgeBob(Posted 2006) [#4]
Oh, a Wacom tablet, I was thinking you had one of those Tablet notebooks, where you flip the screen, and it's almost like using an overgrown Pocket PC, basically, only using Win XP Tablet Edition.

Weetbix(Posted 2006) [#5]
Oh my got tintin!

Anyway, looks quite nice, I brought a Wacom about 2 years ago and used it for around a month or 2, and now it just sits in my room.. not even connected to my computer.

WedgeBob(Posted 2006) [#6]
Well, I got a Wacom recently, thanks to all the complaints about the way I've done graphics of late. Now that I got that, I'm basically hoping that hand-sketched graphics would be far superior to that old mouse and keyboard that I tank at. I'm big with pencil sketching, but to have a scanner hooked up to my notebook? Pfft... A Wacom does far better than taking a pencil sketch and trying to scan a notebook graphic...

Chroma(Posted 2006) [#7]
So what's a good Wacom tablet model?

po(Posted 2006) [#8]
Thanks all.
Chroma: If you want a less expensive model then get a Wacom Graphire tablet. If you want a professional one then get an Intuos3. If you have thousands to spend then get a Cintiq.
Take this test if you're not sure: http://www.wacom.com/tabletwizard/index.cfm

Defoc8(Posted 2006) [#9]
thousands?! - must be the tablets with a pc attached
to them..heh, never seen a peripheral using a pc
as a peripheral..hmmm..ill stick to my mouse..