Sanctus's Free GFX topic

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Sanctus's Free GFX topic

Sanctus(Posted 2006) [#1]
I decided to do this post sine I wanth to show you wath I work on...
They can be used free of charge and no credit neede only if its comercial(but in anyway tell me)

Here are some terrain tiles witch I did in 3D max:
Rar version:
http://rapidshare.de/files/30556313/Terrain.rar
Zip version:
http://rapidshare.de/files/30556454/terrain.zip
7Zip version:
http://rapidshare.de/files/30556077/7zip.7z

Oh and here is a tower I created(both normal and destroyed)
Zip version
http://rapidshare.de/files/30558069/tower.zip
Rar Version
http://rapidshare.de/files/30557818/tower.rar

7Zip version
http://rapidshare.de/files/30557711/tower.7z

here is a proof image that this stuff is for real:

Pls dwld and post a comment if you wanth some improvements
I have more but I'll put them once I see that there are ppl that will use it
Oh I will also make more

Leto(Posted 2006) [#2]
Hi Santus,
That RapidShare site is confusing but I got this message "You have reached the download-limit for free-users. Want to download more?"

Sanctus(Posted 2006) [#3]
hm...
I think I'l store them in an other place

Sanctus(Posted 2006) [#4]
Nope they work well...
No problems for others

Gabriel(Posted 2006) [#5]
Nope they work well...

They work well for some people. Rapidshare are incompetent in the extreme. They are practically the only such site who cannot correctly determine your IP address. If your ISP uses a series of proxy servers ( NTL, BT, et al do this, in the UK alone ) then Rapidshare's crappy programming detects the IP of the proxy server instead of your own IP address. Thus all users on one proxy server are considered one person, and will be mostly unable to download anything.

There are ways around it, but since it would help people break the terms of Rapidshare ( people could get around the genuine bandwidth limits ) I won't mention it. It would probably be better to use a host who know how to detect an IP address.

Try these guys, they seem good.

http://www.badongo.com/

jhocking(Posted 2006) [#6]
Thanks for the gift! The 3d files themselves are not useful to me, but that pic of a guard tower gives me an idea for a project I'm working on.

Andres(Posted 2006) [#7]
Very nice tiles. Though, i need 256*128 tiles. Is there anyway you could upload (if you have) them in this size?

Sanctus(Posted 2006) [#8]
I can rerender them... It willl take a lot of time though...
I'll do it tomorow

Andres(Posted 2006) [#9]
That would be very nice of you. Thanks in forward.

Sanctus(Posted 2006) [#10]
I finished a new Sprite here is how it looks like:

It has walk(with some tools),idle and working with every tool
the tools are pickaxe,axe,spear,and a thing to work the ground

Here is the dwl link:
http://rapidshare.de/files/31176423/Worker.rar

Andres(Posted 2006) [#11]
very nice character. How are the tiles coming along?

Sanctus(Posted 2006) [#12]
damn sh*t I forgot about them...
Starting now
Btw would you need another terrain?
I was planning to introduce lava

Andres(Posted 2006) [#13]
Lava would fit in the content of the project too.

Sanctus(Posted 2006) [#14]
As promissed here they are...
NOTE THAT THE IMAGE IS JPG AND ITS ONLY MET TO BE A PREVIEW!!!!!!!! DON"T USE THAT. DOWNLOAD IT FROM BELOW

The download links:
RAR:
http://rapidshare.de/files/32238366/Terrain.rar
ZIP:
http://rapidshare.de/files/32238818/Terrain.zip

Andres(Posted 2006) [#15]
Many thanks to you. They are even better than I expected :). Lava looks very cool.

Sanctus(Posted 2006) [#16]
oh but just put credits pls (to Atzberger Lorin (aka Sanctus)
And if you have more requests u can ask me

Andres(Posted 2006) [#17]
Yes, you will be credited. And thanks for your furthure help.

Sanctus(Posted 2006) [#18]
Np
Now... anyone? More requests?????

Gabriel(Posted 2006) [#19]
I'm currently writing a parallax mapping shader, and it would be nice to have some decent media to play with to see how good the shader looks. How about a high-poly scifi-style crate which has a lot of detail but is essentially still based around the shape of a cube? Then I could make a normal map and height map from the high poly version, and put them onto a cube with parallax mapping. No need for you to do the normal map or height map, I can make those from the geometry.

Sanctus(Posted 2006) [#20]
errr... so wath do you need?
I can do some crates but they will be isometric...
Srry i don't release 3D scenes or objects(they are my blueprints to prove that I did them)

Gabriel(Posted 2006) [#21]
Ok fair enough, I didn't realise you were only able to do 2d work. If the quality of the crate was good, I was going to ask you if you wanted some paid work but if you can't release the models then I wouldn't have been able to use you anyway.

No worries, let someone else have a request. :)

Sanctus(Posted 2006) [#22]
hehe
Well if its paid I give 3D-objects.
That's my way...
I make free 2D gfx (or paid if its requested and to much or to complex)
If you wanth 3D-objects then you could pay me...
I also do lowpoly stuff(though I'm still practicing on my textures)

Oh and as you see if its free anyone can have it but if its paid only the one who pays for it gets it and no one else.

Gabriel(Posted 2006) [#23]
For paid work, I expect a good portfolio. If you have one, let me have the URL and I'll take a look. I suggested the free model ( for everyone ) because that would have enabled me to judge without seeing a portfolio ( and you don't have one in your signature or profile so I figured maybe you dind't have one. )

But like I say, no big deal. Unlike work I've struggled to give money away for in the past, I think it'll be easy to find someone to do this.

Sanctus(Posted 2006) [#24]
Well I don't really have a portofolio....
I just make free/paid gfx. I've been doing this for about 2-3 years and I have a lot of ppl who ask me to do gfx for them...
Anyway since u just wanth a crate... pls tell me details and I'll make it

Sanctus(Posted 2006) [#25]
As I said I wanth requests so that I will make the comunity happier...
No one is interested????

FreetimeCoder(Posted 2006) [#26]
Er, could you make flat previews?
I would use them for 3D terrains.

FreetimeCoder(Posted 2006) [#27]
Er, could you make flat previews?
So that you can use it as a texture.
I would use them for 3D terrains.

Sanctus(Posted 2006) [#28]
Nope... if I do it so I will give away my textures....

Andres(Posted 2006) [#29]
Is there anyway you could do some isometric vegetations?

Sanctus(Posted 2006) [#30]
yes... i will do
But please tell me wath would you like
And also tell me if you would wanth to work on gameswith me ( I just do the gfx)

And about the vegetation... size and any other detail would be nice
[edit]
Also a bit busy working an a comrcial gfx(note that the free gfx does not resamble the quality of the comercial one)

Andres(Posted 2006) [#31]
Some trees and bushes would be nice. Size should be some where around for 256*128 tiles and height about 128 or a little more.

tonyg(Posted 2006) [#32]
Andreas, what do you mean by isometric tree or bush?
Have at look at the bushes here

Sanctus(Posted 2006) [#33]
yeah I know those....
I stick there on the forum(i'm bilaboy) but mine are more realistic(well.. except for that stupid man)
those use plain colors for leaves witch i really disagree
And Andres I will do some but today I gota go to a funeral.

tonyg(Posted 2006) [#34]
@Sanctus, I was using those as reference.

Andreas, what do you mean by Isometric tree or bush
as they'd look normal 2D wouldn't they?

You might also want to look at World Creator
which can create similar images in iso, top-down , psuedo-3d etc view.

Andres(Posted 2006) [#35]
@tonyg, I am using World Creator. The link you gave has cartoon style bushes, but they wouldn't fit with the tiles that Sanctus made and they are too small too.

@Sanctus, i'll be waiting.

For an example i could show you this tree though the brightness isn't the best for those tiles:

tonyg(Posted 2006) [#36]
Blimey, maybe I wasn't clear.
I am not suggesting you use the images at that link.
What I was asking is what do you mean by Isometric tree?
The image you posted is, basically, a 2D tree. Are you asking for the same tree viewed slightly from above or more images the same as the one you posted?
If you have WC have you seen this ?
Notice is says
"I only spent a couple of minutes making the above Tree Mask but the finished result is passable as tree. You could obviously spend more time to get the exact results you want."

Andres(Posted 2006) [#37]
I think it would be better if the view is a little more from above, but I'm not sure.
When I downloaded WC then the homepage was down. Thought it was abandoned or something. I've never really understood the masks in it, but I'll observe the forums...

Sanctus(Posted 2006) [#38]
Dude he means a 3D tree prerendered with isometric angle.
And I will be doing cuz I also need some for my isometric engine(in fact thats why I made the tiles :D)

[edit]
oh and as i said... Do you wanth the deal where I help you with gfx and you help me with programming

Andres(Posted 2006) [#39]
Deal!

Sanctus(Posted 2006) [#40]
Ok so if its a deal then pls help me with my isometric engine
I posted on BlitzMax Programming(the title is "Could someone explin this code?" or somefin)
I'm starting on some trees but I'll only work for 2 hours cuz i have to go to that funureal I said in a previous post

Sanctus(Posted 2006) [#41]
I codn't really work much but here are some trees (note that 2 of them are build-in from max... the not so cool ones :D)
http://rapidshare.de/files/33022148/treepack.rar
I'm also trying to get my tree generator to work so that I wonth have much to work

tonyg(Posted 2006) [#42]
Just in case Iso trees

Chad(Posted 2006) [#43]
Sanctus, do you do custom work? I need some 3d models that are in this style of art work.. I could pay you if you are interested after you finish these other guys work.

If your interested post here or shoot me in email that's in my profile..

Great work btw,
Thanks,
Chad

Sanctus(Posted 2006) [#44]
Check u'r mail

Sanctus(Posted 2006) [#45]
Um.... anybody wanths gfx?
I can do isometric for free :D
And maybe 3D if you ask nice ;)

Chroma(Posted 2006) [#46]
Sure...I need an Axe, Treasure Chest, and Minotaur. :)

Cruis.In(Posted 2006) [#47]
Sanctus, I would like a procedural shield graphic, thats invisible when "on". But flashes when hit by a projectile. And then back to invisible. with the size of it being a variable so it can go around any size ship. is that doable?

id like a nice beam weapon effect too :)

Sanctus(Posted 2006) [#48]
huuuh?
Dude can't u atleast explain more clear like a bit the shape(I guess it like a sphere)
oh and the falshing thing is made by you not by me. I can't change materials on diferent frames.
And chroma:
I saw you do your own graphics and it sounded like you asked that just to ask.
Remeber: allways tell a lot of details.

Cruis.In(Posted 2006) [#49]
for some reason this being a programming place I thought you were doing it procedural. (with code)

yes the shield is a circle. hmm i did leave out some details. its for 2d. top down view. so yes the shape would be a sphere around the ship, protecting the ship.

all the xample you need
here.

H&K(Posted 2006) [#50]
Lol@...

/Graphics Showcase/Sanctus's Free GFX topic

for some reason this being a programming place

Dont try and save it with sarcasim.

I think Sanctus, (And yourseflf apparently), are correct thats an effect best done with code rather than amin frames

Chroma(Posted 2006) [#51]
You asked for a request...then you don't take it seriously. I do some of my own graphics but it's always nice to see what other people come up with. And for the details...it needs to be 40x40 and it's tile based. Fore a good example, check out the art in Eschalon Book I. Whoever is doing that art is doing a really terrific job. I just hope the gameplay and coding match the art. :p

Andres(Posted 2006) [#52]
Sanctus, i read you are creating a top-down game noe, not isometric. Wanted to say that I myself use B+ not Bmax, but i could provide you with some isometric functions if you'r still interested.

Sanctus(Posted 2006) [#53]
Um... I prefer to keep it topdown cuz if I make it isometric then it will be hard for me to finish it.
I need to take it step by step

Cruis.In(Posted 2006) [#54]
well H&K pardon if this newbie has no idea how to create that effect with code. and right now is only beginning to get the ability to code combat into his game.