Pogo Fred

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Pogo Fred

Raz(Posted 2006) [#1]
A while back some of you may remember me posting alot of questions about platform games. I am making a game for my final year project at Uni and its *almost* beginning to take shape now.

I have a level editor, a graphics style I think I can keep with and most importantly an actual game engine I am very happy with. Obviously still a long long way to go but...

The actual game...

The editor...

24/08/06
Another game pic, ive started adding the items now

Diablo(Posted 2006) [#2]
that character reminds me of james pond, probally because of the orange face.

EDIT:

oh and it looks AWSOME ;D :D :D :D

Torrente(Posted 2006) [#3]
Sweet! I really love that graphical style.

Nathaniel(Posted 2006) [#4]
That looks fun. It has a nice, "cute" style. Keep up the good work!

degac(Posted 2006) [#5]
I like the graphics style.

taumel(Posted 2006) [#6]
Nice graphics!

skn3(Posted 2006) [#7]
Looks nice :)

IKG(Posted 2006) [#8]
Looks a bit too much like a Flash game, but nice job.

WedgeBob(Posted 2006) [#9]
Let's just say that Miyamoto-san would be happy with you.

Torrente(Posted 2006) [#10]
Looks a bit too much like a Flash game, but nice job.
What's wrong with looking like a flash game?

IKG(Posted 2006) [#11]
I didn't mean for that to look like an insult but now that I re-read it, it looks like one. Sorry about that. Either way I think you did a great job drawing. I did mean that it looks like a Flash game, but not in a bad way.

Raz(Posted 2006) [#12]
thanks everyone :)

yeah it does very much look like a flash game I agree. I did the graphics in flash, hehe ;)

Raz(Posted 2006) [#13]
The thought of having to animate is becoming quite a scary one now. Here is the concept art for the enemies in the game (still got 11 more to draw X|)

Jimbob(Posted 2006) [#14]
Some awesome characters there. I love the little stick horse knight and the sheet ghost. Only thing I can say is the screen seems a bit too big? there's too much empty space? (I know there's no enemies and collectables in the first pic, but it still seems like the player is too small)

Good luck with it... (long live o3!)

Raz(Posted 2006) [#15]
ta for comment :) yeah the screen thing is something I've been considering, it was originally 640x480 but when I changed the sprite it seemed like it was taking a large portion of the screen.

The game is quite fast too so I didnt really want the player bumping into any unknowns. It's easy enough to change though so we'll see :)

Nathaniel(Posted 2006) [#16]
That looks wonderful! I'm sure this will turn out to be a wonderful game!!

SopiSoft(Posted 2006) [#17]
I love the graphics style. great stuff man.

Amon(Posted 2006) [#18]
This looks really good. Great work.

Defoc8(Posted 2006) [#19]
hah! sweet :] - nice style

Raz(Posted 2007) [#20]
Heyoo,

Pogo Fred is still going well, I have pretty much all of the graphics done now except for some of the character animation and the cutscenes.

Torrente(Posted 2007) [#21]
Wow... looks great! Any word on when it'll be done, or at least a demo?

Raz(Posted 2007) [#22]
its a uni project and the deadline is the 30th of March which seems scarily close now! :/

No demo right now but I have to submit a prototype on the 12th of Feb, so maybe by then!