Sword

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Sword

Chroma(Posted 2006) [#1]
Here's a 2 handed sword.

Weetbix(Posted 2006) [#2]
Cool, rather low poly, but still nice :)

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2006) [#3]
Looks good. Simple but realistic design. With the right textures it will look top.

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2006) [#4]
polly means nothing, its the texture that counts.

Slap a really good texture on that model and it wont matter how many pollygons it has, it will look awsome.

OrcSlayer(Posted 2006) [#5]
I'm not sure I'd advertise that as a two handed sword, with such a small grip. Looks more like a one hand only sword.

Chroma(Posted 2006) [#6]
It was over 350 tris but I re-done the guard and it now weighs in at 224. Gonna redo the handle because yeah, it's a bit short for a two-hander. I have a slight handle design modification in mind too.

As for the texture, that's where I lack skills. :(

Will post a new pick when the handle is done.

Chroma(Posted 2006) [#7]
Ok here's it with a slightly longer handle and a modified hilt.

Left or right looks better?

Kev(Posted 2006) [#8]
i like both, although the right one more.

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2006) [#9]
Keep telling ya, its all in the texture.....

you can take the worst looking model ever and slap a nice lick of paint on it, and it transforms an ugly model into an awsome looking model.

This does not work both ways tho, a really good model does not make up for a crap texture :P

Chroma(Posted 2006) [#10]
When asking which looked better, I meant the hilt style, not the model quality itself. Read Yavin! =p

The hilt with the round end is growing on me more and more...

Here's a shield I whipped up.

Blitzplotter(Posted 2006) [#11]
I like round end - nice shield.

JustLuke(Posted 2006) [#12]
I prefer the sword on the right - the rounded hilt end adds a nice solid and weighty, chunky feel to the model, but, depending on how you're using the model, it might be a waste of polygons.

OrcSlayer(Posted 2006) [#13]
Really both pommels look good to me, it depends on which style you're after personally. And now it looks like you can actually get both hands on it.

Nice shield BTW.