Strats

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Strats

Ash_UK(Posted 2006) [#1]
Hi guys :o) I was feeling kind of bored today so I started working on these guitars. They're only a very rough model design. Being a musician, I felt the increasing urge to kill time by modelling a strat :o) Hope you like them.

Shot 1

Shot 2

And shot 3

big10p(Posted 2006) [#2]
Very nice, although I thought strats have much rounder edges? I'm no musician, though. :)

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2006) [#3]
yes, since you won't use them in a low poly mode (I guess) you may add a "smooth mesh" modifier to soften the edges of the body. Other than that - looks good. Do strats have humbuckers?

Ash_UK(Posted 2006) [#4]
@Big They do have rounder edges yes :o) I was just being lazy though as it was just meant to be a rough model.

@Jfk Some strats do have humbuckers yes :o)

Thanks for your comments guys :o)

Tyler(Posted 2006) [#5]
My "Eric Clapton" edition strat has that pickup layout. I love the humbuckers :D I love them good.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2006) [#6]
They sound good, of course. I only thought the original strat had single coil only. Well, it seems at some point Leo Fender was infected by r.o.c.k.

puki(Posted 2006) [#7]
The wallpaper is really great - seriously. When I looked at 'shot 2' it took over the focus.

Show more pictures of the wallpaper - better still, post the texture.

Ash_UK(Posted 2006) [#8]
heheh, you taking the p**s puki? ;O)
The wallpaper was just a 3DS Max 8 texture map which is located in the maps directory :o)

puki(Posted 2006) [#9]
No, I was actually serious - I reckon the wallpaper looks really great - has a sort of bump effect to it - it makes the carpet look rubbish.

Ash_UK(Posted 2006) [#10]
The carpet texture was that of an "underlay" carpet, which is why it looks "rubbish".

Here you go Puk, this is what you've been after:

[a http://www.ashleymoore.streamlinenettrial.co.uk/images/wall.jpg"]Wall texture[/a]

Enjoy :o)

puki(Posted 2006) [#11]
Great.

I shall wallpaper some of my Oblivion houses with it.

Got any more wallpaper?

puki(Posted 2006) [#12]
ps, can you enable 'Directory Browsing' on your site. It makes it less illegal for me to steal stuff from it.

OrcSlayer(Posted 2006) [#13]
Why do I get the feeling I'll have to be very careful around puki when I release my first commercial title...

IKG(Posted 2006) [#14]
It's not funny at all Puki. I'm really surprised how kind some of the community acts towards you after all the crap you pull.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2006) [#15]
I have to agree if somebody is presenting his work, it's absolutely rude to say something like "the wallpaper is great". Note models like these easily take many hours of work.

John Blackledge(Posted 2006) [#16]
Nice. Nice. Nice.
Now do a Gibson ES175D for me, since I can't afford the real thing ;-)

Ricky Smith(Posted 2006) [#17]
Very nice - excellent attention to detail.
They have a slight Telecaster look rather than a Stratocaster due to the straight edges especially the one on the ground which is the classic Telecaster dirty yellow.
I also own an Eric Clapton edition Strat with the exact same (active) pickup arrangement.

Ross C(Posted 2006) [#18]
Yeah, that's a slap on the face. The guy is showing off his work here. Don't post if your gonna take the piss.

Ricky Smith(Posted 2006) [#19]
C'mon guys - "puki" is not taking the piss - he genuinely likes the wallpaper !
As far as I am aware "puki" hasn't stolen anything - so..

You're a rotten stealing scumbag

...is extremely harsh ,undeserved and probably contravenes the forum rules.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2006) [#20]
Jokes are not the problem. It's the message behind the jokes. I don't believe he didn't realize how scaring some things were.

Smiff, imagine somebody would say to you: "Hey smiff, I don't care about Pacemaker, but I want to use the animated mesh that comes with the demo". Honestly, not very diplomatic.

"rotten stealing scumbag" is indeed too harsh.

Doggie(Posted 2006) [#21]
Myself, I got a 1997 double fat strat, which is to say it has two sets of humbuckers. AKA a Big Apple Strat. Sweetest guitar ever made.

Weetbix(Posted 2006) [#22]
They are some nice models mate, good work.

Ricky Smith(Posted 2006) [#23]

"Hey smiff, I don't care about Pacemaker, but I want to use the animated mesh that comes with the demo". Honestly, not very diplomatic.

You are right - he was undiplomatic but I'm not sure he was "taking the piss" .It wouldn't really worry me and I'm sure the OP was not too worried either. I find a lack of diplomacy in a light-hearted, non-vindictive way amusing but not everyone is the same so ..
"puki" will have to attend a compulsary course at the "PatIsAwesome" Academy of Forum Diplomacy.
(For anyone who doesn't remember PatIsAwesome then you are amongst the lucky ones !)
"puki" - I will email you the bank account number where you can deposit the first installment of the enrollment fee - just leave the amount blank - I will fill it in later !
Make sure you are up & ready at 4.30 a.m. tomorrow when the van comes for you - and don't struggle - they like it when you struggle !

IKG(Posted 2006) [#24]
I don't feel it's too harsh at all for someone who constantly steals other peoples work while most of you just laugh and say "Oh puki..."

Wake up guys. He's actually using the stuff he steals. He's not joking like most of you claim. Nothing gets to me more like seeing someone's hard work stolen and used. Whether it's a big corporate company like Bethesda or not..

Gabriel(Posted 2006) [#25]
Why should Bethesda care? They got their money from him, and he's not losing them any money by distributing anything. If someone wanted to take all the graphics out of one of my games and make a game out of it for their own amusement, I wouldn't care. It's not as though he's passing anything off as his own.

Anyway, back to topic, I think the models are great, although I think the materials could use some work. Particularly the red/green/blue materials which are a bit too reflective and fake-looking. Otherwise, I think it's a great job. And whether Puki was taking the pee or not, I *DO* think the wallpaper looks sensational in the second shot.

DareDevil(Posted 2006) [#26]
I

you post the object that I try to improve the result

bye