Glock Pistol

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Glock Pistol

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2006) [#1]

The picures are rendered in Lithunwrap, so this is a plain DX7 render without lightmapping or shadows etc. This is about what you would see in Blitz.

I tried to make it as realistic as possible, within the possibilities of a low poly model. I decided to use only one side on the texture, for the sake of higher details. So the right side isn't really correct: patent and logo etc. are missing.

The model has 335 Tris and the slide is a seperate object, so it can be animated easily.

puki(Posted 2006) [#2]
Looks okay to me.

I was going to buy a real one recently - you can get them on the internet for a few hundred.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2006) [#3]
You can get them if your country allows you to buy them. If you got one, it allows to take pictures from all sides, for good textures. Of course a softair gun will do the job too.

Here's the texture, if somebody wonders:

Oh and if anybody wants it, just give me your email.

OrcSlayer(Posted 2006) [#4]
My friend has a Glock 17...he likes it a lot but they aren't without flaws. They are a bit too expensive for a polymer gun, in my opinion.

Best not use handloads, either. I've seen quite a few nice pictures of Kaboomed Glocks...

slenkar(Posted 2006) [#5]
thanks,
the triangle count is very low compared to other guns you made so its possible to put this in some of my projects

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2006) [#6]
You have to know exactly what you're doing when you're handloading or reloading. For a modeller it may be cheaper, easier and less dangerous to buy a softair copy of the gun.

Although, personal experience will help to implement a more realistic feeling when operating the gun. But in fact I had to reduce the amount of realism (pullback etc.) because it was too hard to re-aim for in a game.
EDIT>>
It is a bit "sobering" to see how little response one gets on a topic like this, while people almost write entire books about how to export models from commercial releases (read: rip content). However, basicly I made it for me and I like it. I like bacon, but that doesn't mean one has to waste pearls. explicit :P