Technics

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Technics

Ash_UK(Posted 2006) [#1]
Hi guys :o) Here is a model I have just finished working on. It is a set of Technic decks. It's taken about an hour at the most to do. I am just trying to practice my modelling skills at the moment.
Could you please tell me what you think?

Thank you very much

Weetbix(Posted 2006) [#2]
Hey they look cool :) nice work.

Torrente(Posted 2006) [#3]
Wow, they look pretty nice. I had some Technics laying around in my room not too long ago, they're always a blast to play around with.

Ash_UK(Posted 2006) [#4]
Thanks guys for your comments :o) I am still learning at the moment so I really appriciate your feedback. Thanks again :o)

Red Ocktober(Posted 2006) [#5]
yeah... nice clean models... my last turntable (you guys couldn't possibly know what that is 45s and 33LP was a bit before most of your time) was a Technics... surprised to see em still around...

what are they used for nowadays...

:)

--Mike

Ash_UK(Posted 2006) [#6]
what are they used for nowadays...

Erm, I think they're used just to make a lot of noise by scratching records and such :p Heheh

big10p(Posted 2006) [#7]
Looks good. How did you source the textures? Photos?

Ash_UK(Posted 2006) [#8]
Hi Big :o) Some of the textures were simply procedural but the textures for the "Technics" mat, the button on the bottom left of the decks and the record on the left deck, were taken from a photo, as well as the texture for the mixer :o)

IPete2(Posted 2006) [#9]
I knew I was getting old when about ten years ago I over heard a Mum telling her 10 year old daughter in a hi-fi shop I was in...

"Yes this one is nice, darling, it has a radio, a cassette and on the top it's got a record player..."

Came the dumbing reply...

"What's a record player mummy?"

I cringed.

Lol!

But these Technics look good. I like the look of the actual record too, very nice - btw what is the left one?

IPete2.

Ash_UK(Posted 2006) [#10]
I knew I was getting old when about ten years ago I over heard a Mum telling her 10 year old daughter in a hi-fi shop I was in...
"Yes this one is nice, darling, it has a radio, a cassette and on the top it's got a record player..."
Came the dumbing reply...
"What's a record player mummy?"
I cringed.
Lol!

Lol @ IPete ;o)

I have no idea what the left record is, I just found a record image on the net and used it for a texture because I was feeling lazy :o)
Thanks for your comments IPete, much appriciated :o)

daaan(Posted 2006) [#11]
Looks good.

Things to change:
-the 45 adapters are too big.
-the tone arm needs to have a curved s shape.
-the covers are more rounded on the edges.

Good job. Keep it up.

ICECAP(Posted 2006) [#12]
What app did you use to create it?
If its one of the mainstream apps like 3ds or softimage, try useing another render engine.
The reason i say this is because then you can create stuff like caustics from the glass of the decks and generally a softer and more realistic look.
I use mentalray and vray.
They create very nice and real caustics and shadows... just helps to pull some more realism into it.

But very good work, keep it up!