new weapons set

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/new weapons set

maximo(Posted 2006) [#1]
3d models lovers enhjoy:

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2006) [#2]
top work. very close to the original.

OrcSlayer(Posted 2006) [#3]
Except the tec-9 has the shroud but the shroud has no holes...

They also make them without the shroud (to change the 'bad image') but those are hidious.

maximo(Posted 2006) [#4]
I have the alpha map for tec-9 that I turned off, liked it more like this, but you are good at weapons since you recognized tec-9 ;)

puki(Posted 2006) [#5]
Yeh, it is good stuff - shame it isn't fantasy/medieval RPG stuff.

big10p(Posted 2006) [#6]
to change the 'bad image'
A killing machine with a bad image?! Tell me it isn't so! lol.

Ryan Burnside(Posted 2006) [#7]
Looks really nice! It might be nice to see some camo patterns and maybe some chrome just for fun.

OrcSlayer(Posted 2006) [#8]
Actually they aren't called Tec-9's anymore. It's called "DC-9" now, without the muzzle shroud, after the dude went postal with em'. Then again he probably would have had a higher body count with 'real' handguns, but the Tec-9 looked more "evil."

big10p: A killing machine? Have you ever fired one of those? It's more like a toy for people who can't afford a real SMG to play with, and you're lucky if it can shoot two rounds without jamming :-P

Of course Tec-9's can also slamfire...in which case you end up firing the whole magazine up into the sky...

OrcSlayer(Posted 2006) [#9]
By the way, the Mac-10 (or are you calling it an 11?) and the P-90 look great. *Thumbs up*

The shotgun on the bottom looks like it may be a Benelli M3 Super 90. The other looks sort of like a Benelli M4 tactical, but with an M4 (carbine) stock instead of the M4 (shotgun) stock...it also doesn't have a charging handle so I'm guessing it's not a Benelli...I'm not too good with non-Benelli shotguns so I'm clueless.

big10p(Posted 2006) [#10]
big10p: A killing machine? Have you ever fired one of those? It's more like a toy...
No, I've never fired a gun (apart from an air rifle) and don't ever plan to, either. I don't think I've even ever seen a modern gun. I certainly wouldn't think of any gun as a 'toy'. I guess we Europeans just have a very different attitude towards firearms, compared to the USA.

Anyway, the models do look good although they could be completely wrong for all I know. :)

maximo(Posted 2006) [#11]
>Benelli M4 tactical,

It's a real gun called FN tactical, here is a pic:

http://www.cmmginc.com/cmmg_images/tbl_images/Receivers Firearms/FN_Tactical_LE.jpg

It has a different bottom, since this is customizable :)

Another shoot:

OrcSlayer(Posted 2006) [#12]
Ah, should have guessed. I knew it looked familiar, FN is one of my favorite weapon makers.

big10p: I've got two handguns and a semi-auto assault rifle and I've never killed anything with them, though I do enjoy shooting. The way crime is around here, well...lets just leave it at:

Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt...

Oh by the way, maximo, did you make all the guns at the site listen in your sig? The FN2000 and styr aug look excellent (those are the only two bullpup guns I really like, unless you consider the P90 a bullpup), but the AK is a little out of proportion and some of the parts are mis-sized or shaped. Still, overall excellent quality. *Thumbs Up*

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2006) [#13]
I didn't see a P90 on the page, if you meant a SIG P90 - that's definitively no bullup system since it has a folding stock.

One thing that is missing here IMHO (while we're talking about bullups) is the barrett M82 A2.

OrcSlayer(Posted 2006) [#14]
jfk, the FN P90...right under the Tec-9.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2006) [#15]
ok, thanks.

OrcSlayer(Posted 2006) [#16]
Excellent gun, though it draws a lot of flack for it's "bizzare design."

It's really got a good feel to it though...I would almost buy one of the new civie models, except they have that extra long barrel which is hideous...

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2006) [#17]
Bah, stargate gun is it :o) I prefer some good old non-mac-guyver style models. Personally I don't like those swat guns, like mp5 etc. I prefere a simple glock for short ranges and a 308 heavy barrel (remington or savage) for long ranges.

And since you said civie model - IMHO there's no point in a semiauto smg (maybe the mag capacity is one point ok).

I had several semiauto models, like mac11 etc. Sold them. They are only heavy. (And I didn't want to convert them to fullauto) I mean, compared to eg. a Keltec P32 with a weight of 186 grams unloaded :).

OrcSlayer(Posted 2006) [#18]
Semi-auto SMG's make some of the coolest pistol caliber carbines, such as the semi-auto UMP 45. Then again, there are some really cool pistol caliber carbines that aren't even available in full auto, like the beretta CX4 Storm. An often overlooked family of weapons...

As for P90's, they have amazing accuracy for an SMG, making them very good target guns, I just couldn't let myself be seen at the range with one of those long-barreled abominations...

Glock is too generic for me, though my best friend loves his. I'll stick with my IMI Jericho...

For long range, if you want a .308 rifle, the FAL or G3 are the way to go. Can't beat the quality, or the sheer effectiveness and reliablity. And heck, the magazines are generally $4 each, any more and you're getting ripped off...

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2006) [#19]
FAL or G3 are you kiddin? You mean the HK G3? No way. It's a selfloading assault rifle with an effective range of about 400 meters. Good for the average soldier, a sniper needs something better. Personally I prefere the savage 110 or 11 fp because it's so cheap. You can get one for a few hundred $. In the precision rifle indexes it is listed along with hitech rifles way bejond 10K$. It's about the same as the remington m700 that is used by the us police and as far as I know also by some special sniper troups in the usa. There are several bolt action rifles that are good, such as the steyr ssg69, or even some old ww2 rifles such as the german mauser 98 system or the russian Mosin Nagant. They all feature an effective range of 800 to 1000 meters. IMHO that's the best you can get out of a caliber like 308, for higher range one should use .50 bmg or maybe lapua 338 mag.

.308 is a nice caliber since you still can find subsonic ones (eg. by RUAG).

But this is now slightly off topic, problably we should continue in an other forum :)

OrcSlayer(Posted 2006) [#20]
Actually it seems most countries think the FAL and G3 are way too much for the average soldier (they are considered Main Battle Rifles, not assault rifles)... Still, you put a good optic on a G3 and it's practically a .308 sniper rifle. The PSG-1 is, in effect, a G3 that's been precision crafted specificly for sniping...

Mosin Nagant rifles are excellent, as are the K98's, but I prefer auto-loaders myself. 50 BMG is really a machine gun round, and the accuracy at maximum range is questionable, to say the least. A "match" grade .50 caliber round with a bullet that has better ballistics would be nice, but then again, long range (+500 yards) weaponry isn't really my thing.

Yes, this got a little too off topic...I'm done now :-P