Calling all artists!! Calling all artists!!

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Calling all artists!! Calling all artists!!

Matt McFarland(Posted 2006) [#1]
SHMUP-DEV is now officially 7 months old and has progressed with two outstanding contests along with 500+ members, and 5000+ posts!! I'm excited to tell you that we are adding a new feature to our site which I'll call the "media pool"

The "media pool" is actually 2 separate forum based boards that are structured to be highly organized and contain art from various artists across the world wide web. The purpose of this media pool is to encourage coders who cannot create good art or who cannot make good sound to make a nice game using YOUR art.

The Artist gains, because the artist builds a reputation at a site which has enough traffic to give them a name. The artist also gains because they can advertise their services and lay down terms and conditions on any of their stock art/music they provide for shmup-dev.com.

The only condition is that the artist must allow their stock art posted at shmup-dev.com to be used for free for at least freeware games. The artist can then link to their services should someone want to use them for their next project. This can also lead to hyper-shopping in finding the best artist to suit any programmer’s needs!!

If you are interested in posting your art, please read the rules that I have laid out in the Art and Sound Forums. There is a subforum for graphics, and a subforum for sound. Read the rules according to what you plan to use! Here is a link for the Art and sound board:

http://www.shmup-dev.com/forum/index.php?board=23.0

Thanks a bunch!!!

Curtastic(Posted 2006) [#2]
awesome, good job