JoshK(Posted 2006) [#1]
This is the final house scene, made in 3D World Studio. Download it here:
http://www.leadwerks.com/ccount/click.php?id=22

View a movie here:
http://www.leadwerks.com/files/house.wmv

Naughty Alien(Posted 2006) [#2]
..whats the polycount for house?

Red Ocktober(Posted 2006) [#3]
i always enjoy your scene walkthrus... thx Josh, looking forward to it...

any news on your engine?

--Mike

JoshK(Posted 2006) [#4]
The house is about 112,000 polys, I think.

I took some time to get the industrial and house scenes produced, and work on some architecture deals. I just have to record a movie of the house today, and then I will resume engine programming.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2006) [#5]
architecture deals - ok I see. I really wondered how such a house could be part of a shooter game.
I mean, it's well done, but I'd rather choose a castle, a spacestation or industrial building etc. for the story.

fetcher(Posted 2006) [#6]
How could you not want to see this house be part of a shooter!?

JustLuke(Posted 2006) [#7]
Mmm, that's just what the FPS genre needs - more spacestations, castles and industrial buildings! ;)

puki(Posted 2006) [#8]
However, is it just me, or does it look like the main roof is resting on (and bending) the garage roof.

That garage may be unsafe.

tsmpaul(Posted 2006) [#9]
That interior scene is awesome! I've tried out lots of home design software for home design, to see what a possible house extension would look like, and all the programs I've tried just didn't look all that good, or didn't let me use the shapes I needed to generate my house (It's an A-Frame, and most home design programs neglect to include good A-Frame house features).
There's probably a good market for home design programs with graphics like in your pictures, that help people visualise changes to their homes in 3D. I'd certainly buy one.

JoshK(Posted 2006) [#10]
I added a movie at the top.

MisterMecha, thanks for your comments. I have noticed the same thing, and am pursuing some things like that right now. It will certainly bring more money into the company.

Matty(Posted 2006) [#11]
It does look very good but it looks like it could do with some anti aliasing.

Barnabius(Posted 2006) [#12]
If this can be turned into house design application I'll probably buy it straight away. There's plenty of such apps on the market but most suffer from some serious problems, as MisterMecha explains.

Barney

Doggie(Posted 2006) [#13]
Better Homes and Gardens. I've been waiting to shoot people in nice suburban homes.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2006) [#14]
I knew that Doggie :)

"House Design" is a bit more than a powerfull modeller tool. The tricky part is the real world compatibiliy, with parts lists etc. that do exist, that are legal to use in buildings (all the electro stuff etc.), plus costs evaluation and so on.

Oh and btw: never ever buy Data Becker "Traumhaus Designer" (Dreamhouse designer). Although it may be able to export in 3ds (crazy polycount), it's total crap, System-destabilizing, bugous impudence.

t3K|Mac(Posted 2006) [#15]
the house looks great, however the interior lighting looks strange to me.

DareDevil(Posted 2006) [#16]
Nice graphics ;)

Genexi2(Posted 2006) [#17]
Very nice looking, but I have the same niggle as t3K does, it just feels flat.....but then again, that could be a problem on my part, been playing too much Oblivion lately, sort of accustomed to everything being normal-mapped to the extremes. ;/

DareDevil(Posted 2006) [#18]
Look the my ALBUM in "THE REAL TIME"

http://www.blitzitalia.altervista.org/modules/xcgal/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pos=4&pid=29

http://www.blitzitalia.altervista.org/modules/xcgal/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pos=6&pid=27

Ross C(Posted 2006) [#19]
I think it looks really good. The kind of graphics you'd want in previewing a structure :o)

Ryan Burnside(Posted 2006) [#20]
You might consider professional rendering for blueprints and remodleing. REALLY nice i can tel you put alot of time into this. Congrats on a masterpiece.

DareDevil(Posted 2006) [#21]
2-3 weeks :(

after the job primary :)

Bye (Ciao FORZA ITALIA!!!!)