Mayan discovers Gold

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Mayan discovers Gold

gellyware(Posted 2006) [#1]
Here is a screenie of my current 3d work in progress. This shot will be used for the end game for Sudoku Maya. I've added a ton of new features, including quest mode... so this should be a nice addition.

LineOf7s(Posted 2006) [#2]
Looks very nice, but I personally think it needs more gold - like, a Very Large Pile of gold. I can see the ground in the middle of that... smattering. :o)

Genexi2(Posted 2006) [#3]
What LineOf7s said, needs a big-ass pile of a gold, and also, imo, the character himself looks a bit stiff in the pose, maybe find a way of loosening him up a bit?

puki(Posted 2006) [#4]
This looks interesting.

n8r2k(Posted 2006) [#5]
just wondering wheres the light coming from? the weak pile of coins?

IKG(Posted 2006) [#6]
Wow! Great work!

http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=60816

This is exactly the kind of modeling and animating I need for the current game I'm developing (tribe based). Please consider joining my team; I promise you'll be rewarded in the end.

If you need to contact me via instant messenger, tell me which one you use and I'll give you my screenname. If money is needed right away, maybe we can work something out?

Sledge(Posted 2006) [#7]

This looks interesting.

Make a perfect screenshot for the end of "your" RPG, would it? :P

Red Ocktober(Posted 2006) [#8]
i like it... sure the pile of gold coins could be a bit larger (maybe larger gold pieces too), but the scene looks great...

nice rock wall in the background... nice overall ambience to everything...

i'm no artist, but, besides the pile of gold and the coins being a bit small, i'd also embellish the guys headdress with a few more colors... and add some sparkly, glimmery effects around the gold coins...

great stuff already though... definitely would like to see the game when it's done...

--Mike

JustLuke(Posted 2006) [#9]
It needs work. As has already been said, the pile of gold is too tiny and the Mayan guy looks stiff and posed.

Pay attention to the guy's expression - at the moment it is blank and lifeless, almost like a store dummy. Inject some emotion into him! Once you've decided what emotions he's feeling (and altered his expression accordingly) you should pose him in a way that heightens this.

Increase both the size of the mound of gold and the coins themselves. Heap the room with gold! How about having the Mayan sitting on a huge pile of the stuff? Perhaps throwing the coins into the air with a look of glee? Basically, think about how you can make this scene look more dynamic.

Alter the position of the camera. Your framing of the scene is boring and leaches energy from the scene.

Liberator(Posted 2006) [#10]
Also, the dude is coming at the gold from the wall, did he come through a secret passage behind the wall perhaps? :D

gellyware(Posted 2006) [#11]
Thanks for the feedback. Most of what has been mentioned followed my original intention. Here's the latest and greatest, I'll work more on it if time permits. I'm not satisfied with the left gold pile as of yet and I haven't decided on the 'gold light' appearing on the wall as this is a nice contrast without it.

LineOf7s(Posted 2006) [#12]
Okay, I'll grant you a few things:
- it's better than anything I could do
- it's more than likely 'good enough' for your target audience
- I may just be being picky

...but now it looks like he's stumbled across a sunlight-emblazoned pile of autumn leaves.

I'm probably just being picky. Apart from the whole leaf thing, it's great. :o)

tsmpaul(Posted 2006) [#13]
I think I liked the gold light illuminating the wall effect in the first picture, it made the stone brickwork behind the man seem much more realistic.

gburgess(Posted 2006) [#14]
The Mayan looks much less washed out in the second picture thanks to the light not shining directly onto him. But unfortunately the walls do indeed look the "wrong" colour. The coins look loads better, though. Also, adding the hole in the wall behind him has made it all make much more sense. In the first one, it looks like he's been standing there with his back against the wall for a while and then said: "What the- how long was I standing here before I noticed THIS little lot?"