Complete game of snooker/pool animation

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Complete game of snooker/pool animation

Murilo(Posted 2006) [#1]
I'm writing an application for a friend of mine (in C#) for a snooker club he owns. It basically tracks membership and time/costs for in-use tables. I'd like to have a top-down view of a complete game of snooker (and pool) animating (rendered ideally) to indicate a table is in use.

Does anyone know of anywhere I'll find such animations? I've tried the usual googling without luck.

[edit]I tried to add a "REQ:" to my topic heading to make it clear I'm asking for help, but I couldn't edit it[/edit]

.rIKmAN.(Posted 2006) [#2]
First hit in google images could be polished up to work.
http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=snooker+table&hl=en

Murilo(Posted 2006) [#3]
They're not animating though unfortunately. I spent ages looking through those gifs.

Ideally, I'd like something similar to this (but without the panel at the top and the aim guide), animating a complete game:

I realise I'm unlikely to find it, but I wouldn't know where to start to create one myself.

LineOf7s(Posted 2006) [#4]
What about find a freeware copy of a snooker game, and capture the screen output in Fraps or the like?

Ross C(Posted 2006) [#5]
Couldn't you edit that picture?

Ross C(Posted 2006) [#6]
Ta da!

Murilo(Posted 2006) [#7]
Look good - Ta.

Manually animating a full game might take some time though ;)

Ross C(Posted 2006) [#8]
What kind of animation does it need to be? Just a simple break?

Ross C(Posted 2006) [#9]
And what dimensions? pixel wise.

Ross C(Posted 2006) [#10]
Here's what i got so far:

Ross C(Posted 2006) [#11]
If you want a full game, then i could probably work something out for a small price :o) If you just want something similar to that, then feel free to grab that :o) I'll change anything if you want.

Murilo(Posted 2006) [#12]
I'm impressed at how quickly you animated that static image! Do you do that all by hand?

We'd like to have a full game animating. If I can squeeze some money out of my friend, I'll get back to you.

Cheers

Ross C(Posted 2006) [#13]
Well, it's a vector based program. You set each objects position, then copy the frame, then move the objects, then copy... etc etc. I edited the orginal picture, so i was left with an empty table, and drew in the balls myself. No worries :o)