vin diesel head test

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/vin diesel head test

Ruz(Posted 2006) [#1]

been messing around with this in my spare time for 3 or 4 days now

Amon(Posted 2006) [#2]
Amazing. :)

Like the texture also.

Mustang(Posted 2006) [#3]
Hey, really nice! Looks like him, fat lip, big nose and all :) What modeling app did you use, Max? How many polys in the leftmost version, and how big is the texture map?

Excellent modeling... I wish I could be that good character modeler. Some day I'll start my own look-a-like head model project - but I think I will do Angelina Jolie or similar... why on earth would you model Vin instead of beautiful woman? :)

Ruz(Posted 2006) [#4]
cheers amon. slaved over this bugger night and day.

Mustang . I am pleased you think it looks like him, I am not so sure yet.
It was built mainly in max, the zbrush version on the left is on 4 subdivisons, though that will grow when I start putting the fine detail in

texture map in currently 1024
yeah I tend to model heads that I think will look good in 3d ie quirky features, stong bone structure etc

Mustang(Posted 2006) [#5]

heads that I think will look good in 3d ie quirky features, stong bone structure etc

Well Angelina has big and mushy lips at least... ;) But yes, it's often more interesting to model something that has prominent features instead of "perfect" women that look artificial because they have flawless faces (symmetrical and smooth... bit like Revlon ads) or something.

ashmantle(Posted 2006) [#6]
great head! Im in awe!

Shambler(Posted 2006) [#7]
Amazing!

stayne(Posted 2006) [#8]
awesome work. i think the end of his nose is a bit bigger though.

*spots a tri on his temple*

are you gonna rig him?

Red Ocktober(Posted 2006) [#9]
yes... really impressive work...

i'm with Mustang on this, i wish my stuff even came close...

--Mike

Rob Farley(Posted 2006) [#10]
Van Diesel.... yeah yeah... nice model...

I'm with Mustang... Jolie is far more interesting!

http://www.palmyria.co.uk/scans/scans.htm

Ruz(Posted 2006) [#11]
I might just 'do' her now. nice Link Rob

Max's meshsooth turns the tris in to quads anyway, but you still try to keep them to a minimum and use them in areas where there is no detail if possible

maximo(Posted 2006) [#12]
Here is a good referense:

even without textures you can see it's vin:

It's closer how a cool vin 3d model would look :)

To get that accurate, they scaned his body and used a hi-res mesh to model the lowpoly game model...

on your pic he looks like a dork, looking directly at his face :) Texture is needed to recognize who we are looking at since the head doesn't really looks like vin's without textures...

stayne(Posted 2006) [#13]
you should post links instead of those images.

maximo(Posted 2006) [#14]
markd, this is image thread, hasta la vista baby :P

Ruz(Posted 2006) [#15]
yeah I did n't really have much side view reference, but the that ref is cool . cheers maximo
And don't forget my pic is still WIP so I am still trying to improve it

SillyPutty(Posted 2006) [#16]
wow, nice stuff, really well done :)

maximo(Posted 2006) [#17]
>And don't forget my pic is still WIP so I am still trying to improve it

I'm not forgetting that, I'm confident you can accomplish any 3d model with your level of skills, just trying to push you in right direction :) Good work, looking forward to see more of it :)

Ruz(Posted 2006) [#18]
yeah now I see that nice side view I realise how much of it I was trying to make up . most of my reference is from the front. not making excuses , but damn he is quite hard to get right

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2006) [#19]
Excellent work so far. The front view is more authentic than the side view. You know your business of course, but let me suggest neverless: you should't even start without to have some proper reference shots, including and most important a front shot and a side shot.

anybody remember my old modelling tool:

Of course, a very basic tool, but that's the way I'd try to handle it.

Murilo(Posted 2006) [#20]
A colleague just walked past my monitor as I was looking at Ruz's images and said "Is that Vin Diesel? That's superb.". Nuff said.

John Blackledge(Posted 2006) [#21]
Awesome! Which modeller do you use?

Ross C(Posted 2006) [#22]
I remember that tool jfk :o) It helped me model something... it wasn't a face tho ;o)

Kalisme(Posted 2006) [#23]
Ruz: Amazing modeling! Great work indeed...
but I don't quite understand why anyone would want a 3d model of Vin...
Oh well.. it's amazingling done, so I'm sure it'll find use :)
I envy your ability

maximo(Posted 2006) [#24]
>why anyone would want a 3d model of Vin...

Because Vin is one cool dude and he'd look great in 3d ;)

Blitzblaster(Posted 2006) [#25]
Really cool head, and the skin is good too.

Genexi2(Posted 2006) [#26]
I quite love the job on the neck there, I take it you do these from scratch rather then build off a generic high-poly head?