Deep Dive External Cam Shots...

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Deep Dive External Cam Shots...

Red Ocktober(Posted 2006) [#1]
passing 100 feet... (dammit, wrong forum again... please move... sorry)

passing 800 feet... (yeah, i know... she should've impoded a long time ago... i'm workin on it :) )

--Mike

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#2]
uh, don't you have a screenshot function?

Regular K(Posted 2006) [#3]
Press your "Print Scanscreen" button on your keyboard, open MS Paint and paste. There! Please post those screenshots :P A lot easier to see.

And maybe a description of whats going on.

big10p(Posted 2006) [#4]
Yeah, what's with the 'fish-eye' screenies?

puki(Posted 2006) [#5]
What sort of whale is it?

Red Ocktober(Posted 2006) [#6]
it's supposed to be from a fish eye camera mounted on the bow of the sub, looking aft...

... you sillies

:)

wait a sec... more conventional shots coming..

--Mike

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2006) [#7]
lol you guys really think he took a photo from his monitor? Red that's looking great. May I suggest:

Use fog to simulate underwater particles.

Use a color gradient that goes from greenish to blueish, not blue only.

A bit like:

Red Ocktober(Posted 2006) [#8]
thx jfk... yeah, enhancing the underwater effect without going too wild with it is next... gonna try out a few things... i doubt if i'll get it looking that good though :)

i think they knew it wasn't a shot of my monitor... they're just giving me a good ribbing...

here's the more conventional shots that those came from...

just test out my terrain stuff, and trying to get collisions working right... also, adjusting lighting and underwater stuff...

(*** sorry, wrong forum... please move ***)

--Mike

Ross C(Posted 2006) [#9]
Looking good. Nice to see more progress :o)

jhocking(Posted 2006) [#10]
What I like is that these are shots of an actual game, instead of just noodling around with effects. Sorry to be a naysayer, but these are the first screenshots I've seen where you actually appear to be writing a game, as opposed to just some sort of graphics demo. Kudos!

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#11]
yeah beginning to look good, well done.

Alienforce(Posted 2006) [#12]
Red: Which engine have you for the screenshots, they look great!!

Red Ocktober(Posted 2006) [#13]
thx guys... still lots of small stuff that needs to come together, all stuff that's not even directly related to the sub... also, the sub is gonna get a small reworking, and retexturing...

Alien... it's all Blitz3D, using my OOP framework... and a lil help from a lot of people here... actual, more than a lil help :)

--Mike

Alienforce(Posted 2006) [#14]
Wow! And you got somekind of dot3/bump on the Sub looks great!