Dragon Model

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Dragon Model

Tyler(Posted 2006) [#1]
Dusting off an old dragon model I had started on a year ago. Maybe i'll finish it eventually? It's 3500 polys so far (pretty far from my target then ... a little more acceptable now-a-days :D) I think he'll be done by 3750 polys, 4000 at the absolute wastefully most.

Pete Carter(Posted 2006) [#2]
very nice ! that in silo?

Tyler(Posted 2006) [#3]
Thanks Pete, it's Maya

Matty(Posted 2006) [#4]
Looks like a friendly dragon with those rounded fingers/toes.
I like it although, and I'm not sure about this, the wings seem a little small - I can't imagine the dragon having much strength to flap its wings and fly.

jhocking(Posted 2006) [#5]
It's surprisingly smooth looking for 3500 polygons. Nice!

Red Ocktober(Posted 2006) [#6]
yep... cool dragon... hey, i noticed you left out the actual wings (only the skeletal supports are there)... is this just the current state of the model, or do you plan on attaching the wing part as a 'moving flexing' entity later?

--Mike

boomboom(Posted 2006) [#7]
Just thought I would show you this:

http://www.projectoffset.com/media/gdc_demo_1280_720.wmv

Its not ment to put you down or anything. Just I thought you would be intrested in seeing it.

Tyler(Posted 2006) [#8]
Yeah, the model isn't completed, just nearly. The wings have to be added to (and scaled, apparently, hehe) then I'm gonna speckle his toes with claws and give him an inside to his mouth, so he can do the fire-breathing thing.

heh, i say that on PO's site the other day (i keep up with their updates real-time, lol) Good stuff :D

Thanks everybody.