Galaxy Project HUD

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Galaxy Project HUD

RifRaf(Posted 2006) [#1]
Just the HUD for galaxy project that was just finished. I like it. :) ill have buttons that will have alpha blending over the circles. In the top left is where planet info will be displayed.

http://www.empowergames.com/ingame_hud5.jpg?

ashmantle(Posted 2006) [#2]
it looks good, HUD wise, but also a little rough. Is this artifacts because of image resizing?

Jams(Posted 2006) [#3]
Nice overall - not sure about the colours, looks a bit fisher price :S

GfK(Posted 2006) [#4]
There's too many of the round ones at the bottom. And you should have all the transparent bits of the HUD the same colour.

RifRaf(Posted 2006) [#5]
well, sorry but there are exactly the right amount at the bottom, they are command buttons. and will have superimposed images to represent what they do later.

why should they all be the same color again ? They are supposed to be transparent LCD screens, color representing what color graphics are displayed on them. I will probably tone down the colors some though

RifRaf(Posted 2006) [#6]
edited the first shot to represent the current progress of it. i think it looks better.

RifRaf(Posted 2006) [#7]
ok final shot of this thing. this one shows the buttons in place.. the gfx for the buttons will be redone at some point.
http://www.empowergames.com/ingame_hud6.jpg?

JustLuke(Posted 2006) [#8]
It's ok, but it seems a bit... fuzzy. Did you use too many blur and sharpen filters on it?

RifRaf(Posted 2006) [#9]
none at all, i think it lost alot in the jpg compression

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2006) [#10]
i dont't lik the idea of round control elements, it's a waste of space. In a spaceship they would use an other shape I think.

If you want to use circles noless, I'd suggest not to use any circle masking function of your graphics app, but use photos of circles instead and mask them manually with the lasso.

RifRaf(Posted 2006) [#11]
In a spaceship they would use an other shape
your assuming the game wants to conform to your thoughts of tech that doesnt really exist :) I guess the thing to know is that im not trying to make a star trek hud. Im thinking more farscape, where every shape has a curve on it. and for space ? I like the use of it, I want the buttons easy to mouse over and click, I hate games where you have to hunt and click because everything is so compact it makes the game feel like an app to me.

The lasso thing im not sure what you mean, i didnt make the hud, I outsourced it and im having the guy take a look and redo a few things to help the edges.

Qube(Posted 2006) [#12]
Judging that the text at the top left is sharp, I'd guess its pretty close to how it looks on screen.

It does look a little fuzzy to me, kind of like a poorly scanned image. If this is the look you're after then thats ok, but if its not you may want to tweak it a little :)

Red Ocktober(Posted 2006) [#13]
yup looks pretty good to me...

hey, if you put an http:// in front of the url on your posts, we could see it without clicking the link, ya know...

:)

--Mike

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2006) [#14]
Red is't more the "?" after the filename, I take it he explicitely wanted to prevent an embeded image.

Anthony(Posted 2006) [#15]
I like the HUD concept, and the colours they fit with how I imagine the inside of a spacecraft might look.

If it could be a 3D environment instead of a 2D overlay I think that would really be cool, and it might eliminate the ruff edges (but it's only a suggestion).