Recent stuff

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Recent stuff

Braincell(Posted 2006) [#1]
Here is some of the recent stuff i did that i can show right now.

Alucard (he is also animated):

Art for http://www.bandgame.com/ by Todd Gillissie.

Erroneouss(Posted 2006) [#2]
Nice!! :)

puki(Posted 2006) [#3]
Oooh, that middle piccy looks like they are cardboard cut-outs.

I think the bloke in the top picture looks a bit *suspect* - you know - a bit "ENAY".

ashmantle(Posted 2006) [#4]
I like alot! You're an inspiration to say the least.

John Blackledge(Posted 2006) [#5]
Actually, he looks very "Poser".
If not, then boy are you good!

Braincell(Posted 2006) [#6]
Alucard was built by polygon modeling, but based on a previous generic human mesh for proportions. The positions of verts for joints and boning and animation was all done manually from scratch. Thanks a lot guys, glad you like it, etc.

@puki, he looks suspect cos he's half vampyre you know ;)
I couldnt fit all the building fronts as propper buildings in a single screenshot so i just took them out like this so you can see them grouped together. They make for a nice little town when used propperly.

John Blackledge(Posted 2006) [#7]
Yep, that's classy modelling.
Have you animated him?
Does the cloak billow?

Braincell(Posted 2006) [#8]
Yes he's animated. The cloak has its own bones and it conforms to body movement, inertia, and everything like that. It also has "micro-movements" of its own, when the top pulls in one direction i animated the "wave" going down. Lots of time was spent on it. :)

Ross C(Posted 2006) [#9]
Isn't that the guy from RE: Code Veronica?

SopiSoft(Posted 2006) [#10]
Nice art!

Blitzplotter(Posted 2006) [#11]
Those building models are very impressive... micromovements of Alucard's cloak sounds like some sweet eye candy...

Red Ocktober(Posted 2006) [#12]
yeah... how do you guys get such clean looking texture mapping... none of my stuff ever looks that good :)

seriously, not even the 'simple' stuff...

--Mike

Braincell(Posted 2006) [#13]
@Red
You just gotta zoom in while UV mapping and adjust every vert down to a hairs width and remember to leave at least half a pixel of room around the seams. :) The rest is up to being innovative in photoshop or whatever.

@Blitzplotter
If i remember to, i will post him animated when i finish redoing the animation. And I'm redoing it cos of some techincal problems with the exporter plugin (dont u just hate when that happens).

Red Ocktober(Posted 2006) [#14]
thx BC... i'l try... 2morrow is gonna be a texturing, uvmapping, learning day for me...

--Mike

Sir Gak(Posted 2006) [#15]
I think Haggis is right, the middy looks like cardboard cut-outs. :)

What software did you use to create these pics (especially your vamp-fellow)?

Ruz(Posted 2006) [#16]
looks nice man . post some wires

IPete2(Posted 2006) [#17]
nice stuff dude!

IPete2.

Braincell(Posted 2006) [#18]
@Gak, it was all done in 3ds max 7 and photoshop only. For texturing i used a tablet on Alucard and a bit of photosourcing for the buildings. Other than that nothing special.

@Ruz, sorry i dont have any right now, maybe i post something some other time.

:)