Second Sculpture

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Second Sculpture

N(Posted 2006) [#1]
Still not finished, but I picked up a few new tricks this time around. The knife got a lot more usage due to its size.

Ross C(Posted 2006) [#2]
Yeah, that's looking good man. nice detail on the moustache.

Stevie G(Posted 2006) [#3]
Chuck Norris doesn't sleep ... he waits!! Nice.

N(Posted 2006) [#4]
Still happy with it.

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#5]
looks like Einstein.

Braincell(Posted 2006) [#6]
I dont see why you would do this when there are apps such as ZBrush which let you express yourself creatively just as much, only without the mess and additional time consumption. *shrug* I mean with sculpting half of the skill is handling materials and tools (ie execution) and the other half art. This proportion is also a bit different in CG where its more about expression. How will you make his cheeks smooth? Ok i know youre such a negative sarcastic guy you would say "Who said i would?" but i'm asking, if you were to make his skin any smoother and not jagged, how will you do it or when will you learn it? I'm interested.

big10p(Posted 2006) [#7]
Braincell: in life, there are many things best experienced a million miles away from a computer.

Warren(Posted 2006) [#8]
Doing something without using the computer? That's unpossible!

big10p(Posted 2006) [#9]
lol

N(Posted 2006) [#10]
I dont see why you would do this when there are apps such as ZBrush which let you express yourself creatively just as much, only without the mess and additional time consumption.

Because I like to use my hands. You don't have the physical interaction and 'connection' you do working in ZBrush that you do with clay (and other materials -- most if not all of them are equally valid for carving; I'm thinking about trying wood next).

if you were to make his skin any smoother and not jagged, how will you do it or when will you learn it?

Probably after baking with some fine sandpaper.

sswift(Posted 2006) [#11]
That's a nice bust of Saddam. :-)

N(Posted 2006) [#12]
Finally SOMEONE other than me which sees a resemblance. At first I was thinking it resembled Stalin too.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2006) [#13]
add hitler, then you have a strange club there.

Red Ocktober(Posted 2006) [#14]
yeah... at first it looked like der feurher to me as well...

nice sculpting... whatever your name is :)

--Mike

N(Posted 2006) [#15]
add hitler

I'd have to trim off a good chunk of the moustache for that to work.

Braincell(Posted 2006) [#16]
Bah, youre old fashioned :P

lol

good job btw

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#17]
no the droopy eyes make's it more Einstein than Stalin!

Panno(Posted 2006) [#18]
its ELVIS !!!

polygoon(Posted 2006) [#19]
The neck's mighty thin.