First sculpture since never

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/First sculpture since never

N(Posted 2006) [#1]
First sculpture I've done in.. ever.

I hate the lower jaw, but otherwise I'm happy considering it's a first. However, I can pick out loads of things that are completely wrong about it right off the bat.

Matty(Posted 2006) [#2]
What did you sculpt it from? and what with?

SoggyP(Posted 2006) [#3]
Hello.

I'd guess from porridge and with his elbow.

Goodbye.

Paul Murray(Posted 2006) [#4]
^LOL

That's not bad.

I've got a sculpture I made in school years ago (about 12 years ago actually) that was supposed to be a Roman pot. It's bad, really bad, but my dad still uses it to keep lose change in.

big10p(Posted 2006) [#5]
lol. I guess I better not post a pic of a house I made when I was about three - don't want to put Noel to shame. :P

Then again, my mother is a potter/ceramic sculptor, so I was playing with clay from a very early age. :)

Red Ocktober(Posted 2006) [#6]
hahahaha... you guys are cruel... :)

--Mike

deps(Posted 2006) [#7]
I think it looks cool.

Stevie G(Posted 2006) [#8]
I've crapped better sculptures than that ;)

N(Posted 2006) [#9]
You've crapped skulls? :O

Baystep Productions(Posted 2006) [#10]
Ha. Yeah well, no comment. Your gonna need a little more color and maybe you could make a clay game out of it.

Stevie G(Posted 2006) [#11]
LOL, do hedgehogs count??

Ross C(Posted 2006) [#12]
lmao @ SoggyP

N(Posted 2006) [#13]
LOL, do hedgehogs count??

That's gotta hurt.

Murphy(Posted 2006) [#14]
http://www.digitaldecoy.de/forum_digitaldecoy/ib3/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?s=876c4c9867a62ef33b0422e1145115ed;act=ST;f=5;t=144;st=0

Kalisme(Posted 2006) [#15]
Well... I actually like it... looks really kewl... Has a wierd surreal morbidness to it...
Actualyy... it reminds me of something from a horror movie I saw once...
Great sculpture... I don't think I could do any better... but I'm more of a 2d black pen imagery sorta guy...

Matty(Posted 2006) [#16]
Kalisme - was that the movie with Vincent Price where he digs up this old skeleton of some long lost creature similar to humankind and lets loose some kind of disease..it is what it reminds me of.

Jams(Posted 2006) [#17]
It looks like something from the classic 1980's british cartoon series Trap Door :)

http://www.80scartoons.co.uk/trapdoor.php

I used to love that program!

Tom(Posted 2006) [#18]
Is it bubble gum? :)

big10p(Posted 2006) [#19]
Hold on a minute, that's Popeye's skull! Noel mudered Popeye!

N(Posted 2006) [#20]
Kalisme - was that the movie with Vincent Price where he digs up this old skeleton of some long lost creature similar to humankind and lets loose some kind of disease..it is what it reminds me of.

Not sure about Vincent Price, but that sounds like one of the versions of The Thing.

Matty(Posted 2006) [#21]
There was a really old Vincent Price movie where he digs up a skeleton from Papua New Guinea (as opposed to The Thing which is in the Antarctic) which I think the skull looks very similar to.