Planks!

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Planks!

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2006) [#1]
I think I am getting the hang of this modelling lark. OK these are basic models but checks this out - this one even has bolts to keep the planks together.

Tyler(Posted 2006) [#2]
Mighty fine planks you got there :D

IPete2(Posted 2006) [#3]
The planks are very nice - great work ...but the chroma key blue may be a little too dark - and is not very realistic actually - I mean I can't see George Lucas using that ... ;)

Seriously looking good - light them and show them again with shadows etc...nice.

IPete2.

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2006) [#4]
The thing is when I pull them into giles (and ANY model) that is I cannot see them!

WHY IS THIS???

IPete2(Posted 2006) [#5]
could be a number of reasons - which modelling tool did you use?

Maybe they are not at the origin (dunno if that affects them) - maybe the scale is very different - too small too big (maybe youre inside a plank when you load them if u c what I mean?

IPete2

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2006) [#6]
I used Wings. There are at the origin according to Wings and pulling them into Unwrap they appear at the origin.

This happens with models I didn't create too.

Also if I select one from the list on the right and click the zoom shouldn't it zoom them into view.

This is driving me nuts.

Red Ocktober(Posted 2006) [#7]
yeah... those planks look pretty good... a lil more 'real' than the girder...

i guess it's all in the texturing... definitely not an easy thing to master... but you look like you're getting there :)

--Mike