UV map question in Wings

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/UV map question in Wings

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2006) [#1]
Hi,

me again.

I have created a model in Wings. Basically it's just 3 elongated cubes. I have created UV maps for each one. The question is how do I merge the UV maps so they all share the same texture file (either in Wings or Unwrap?).

Thanks.

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2006) [#2]
I'll answer my own question - please tell me if I'm wrong. I made everything into one object then unwrapped. Is that right?

stayne(Posted 2006) [#3]
no. i answered this question in another one of your threads. take each map and stack it on top of the other one.

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2006) [#4]
markd - you are talking about doingthis in Unwrap as opposed to Wings right?

If you mean Wings how do you do it?

Bob3d(Posted 2006) [#5]
Boiled, your solution can work.

A possible pair of ways:

-wings, export as 3ds or obj, open in ultimate unwrap, apply a, for example, rulling lines or box uvmapping, the move the resulting uv chunks to be eficiently distributed in the texture space. create a new material(set a texture at bitmap slot), then select all UVs, asign material to them.

-wings only. "Combine" to make one object, do any of the possible ways of uv mapping with Autouv. One way can be select one face, hit + to grow selection, unwrap those faces, and then position the uv mapped faces to go organizing the texture space. Now do th eprocces with other faces and so on.

There are thousand other ways to do this.

I dunno if mark is refering to Max...