A song that I produced recently

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/A song that I produced recently

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2006) [#1]
I say produced, not made. The classic orchestra strings are part of a piece of classical music that was released as royalty free film track. I then added drums, bass, guitar and "lyrics" that contain parts of DDE's farewell speech.

Some may like, some won't. This Song is also royalty free, so when you own a radio station, feel free to play it 24/7.

For a game soundtrack it may be the wrong choice since it has vocals, but that's up to you.

http://www.melog.ch/dl/the_complex.mp3

Rob Farley(Posted 2006) [#2]
It's ok... Nicely put together although the voice is a bit high in the mix and doesn't blend with the music well.

A band called 'moodswings' did a version of 'state of independance' with Chrissy Hind on vocals, part 3 of this epic over was a instrumental version with Martin Luther King's 'I believe' speech put over it and the cadance of the speech and music slotted together perfectly.

http://www.global-trance.co.uk/fr_index.html?/Moodswings.html

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2006) [#3]
Thanks for listening. Yeah off course, it's not perfect. It was hard to sex up the old radio speech that had a bandwidth of about 8 kHz or something. Noise and Hiss filters of Magix did a great job, although when increasing the high bands to get a clear sound I couldn't get rid of some white noise.

The rythm of the DDE speech is good while it may be set in the arrangement kind of subptimal by me. When you listen to it too many times, everything starts sounding groovy.

I agree the voice may be too dominant in the mix. I only had my headphones to check it, and I also wanted to make sure the text is understandable.

From the dramaturgic point of view I am pretty happy with it, especially the refrain that contains the complex definition, followed by dubja who represents the complex himself, this gives a strong contrast right in the middle of it.

I just put it together quickly, with only the cheapest of cheap equipment and absolutely no pro ambitions. Probalbly it also sounds like that :). But I am on stage since more than 20 years and from time to time I feel like I need to drop a note or two. Wow, even from that very tiny guitar solo I now got a hurting blister on my finger. (Well mainly from the "warm up phase") I definitifely need to play more guitar.