New qoob menu?

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/New qoob menu?

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2006) [#1]
How about this (the yellow cube is slighty different)

or this...

This new menu has round cubes, is closer to the camera and has higher quality gfx.

What d'ya think?

Paul Murray(Posted 2006) [#2]
Fancy, prefer the first style, with the outline. I think I prefer the blue out of them all. The blue is a nice dark outline that still adds an element of colour.

I know you're asking about the qoobs :p but what are the plans for the background?

*Edit* Changed my mind, prefer the purple outline actually.

Picklesworth(Posted 2006) [#3]
I like it!

Will this also be fixing the thing I was commenting on where changing menu pages is sometimes impossible to notice? (Like the blocks will change colour?)

The rounded cubes definietly improve things, too.
I like the second style because it looks really lively and happy... but perhaps borrowing elements from different things could be good. Maybe thicker outlines in the first example could look nice?

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2006) [#4]
Gone with the line line style.

The sub menus are colour co-ordinated - so if you hit the blue "help" menu, the "help" sub menu items are blue too (i.e. have thin blue line). So yes Mr. Picklesworth. BTW v0.9b was released yesterday with all you fixes in...

www.boiledsweets.com/qoob

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2006) [#5]
This is the one we have settled on

big10p(Posted 2006) [#6]
Nice. Now, set the cubes' EntityShininess to 1 and you're done. ;)

_PJ_(Posted 2006) [#7]
Yeah I love the rounded-edge effect

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2006) [#8]
Enuff already - this is the 'final' version - erm subject to later versions of course. The corners have tighter roundedness and now have shinyness too. But this is the detail we like to go down to...

Paul Murray(Posted 2006) [#9]
They look great

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#10]
cool, the last menu is great, glad you tweak it!