stoopid car

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/stoopid car

Ruz(Posted 2006) [#1]
started this ages ago, but never finished it.
Just thought I would work in to it some more

Regular K(Posted 2006) [#2]
I cant model :P but from what I see its good for how complete it is.

Rob Farley(Posted 2006) [#3]
Looks like a BMW. Looks like the doors open. Generally looks good.

Looks like you've got some extra polies kicking around by the front light / bumper area.

The wheels are total pants though, too many polies, too bubbly, just bad... What were you thinking?!

Ruz(Posted 2006) [#4]
cmon rob, the wheels are just placeholders until I model them properly.

It is a BMW though

Paul Murray(Posted 2006) [#5]
Doesn't look to stoopid to me.

Nice work.

Braincell(Posted 2006) [#6]
Heh, you could then say the whole car is a placeholder until you model a real one.

It's a good start, but as always, there is no point in commenting anything about unfinished work.

jhocking(Posted 2006) [#7]
there is no point in commenting anything about unfinished work.

There isn't? Damn, then I should stop asking for my friends' opinions on stuff I'm working on.

Ruz(Posted 2006) [#8]
jsut be careful or I will be forced to finish it and that would never do.

Red Ocktober(Posted 2006) [#9]
hey... that looks pretty good... none of my stuff comes out looking as cleanly modeled...

and don't worry about those wheels... high poly is a good thing :)

--Mike

Vorderman(Posted 2006) [#10]
but as always, there is no point in commenting anything about unfinished work.

It's the perfect time to comment as the maker will be at the perfect stage to make changes.

I think it's a pretty good model so far - the roof, rear window and boot lid could do with a higher polycount to match the front window and bonnet, and there are a few polys around that could be combined to reduce the vertex/edge count and make the mesh cleaner, such as the sills, front bumper, under the rear quarter-light and above the front arches on the wingtops.

Can you post a smooth-shaded image without the wireframe?

Ruz(Posted 2006) [#11]
cheers for the comments guys. I will have another bash at this model soon.

polygoon(Posted 2006) [#12]
You're doing fine, ignore the doubters about poly count, it's just coders trying to hide the fact that they didn't find a way to get decent frame rates fit for this new century. Make a good model, let them figure out how to make it frate nice or let them perish.

You might like to review the profile of the tyres though; they are a bit doughnutty, easy on the eye, but still a bit doughnutty. Try looking for real world tyre profiles on manufacturers web sites, they will give you a bit better detail/insight to re-evaluate the situation with.

Tidy work, and that's more than half the battle.

Ruz(Posted 2006) [#13]
yeah its ok, i could make it good if I had the time. I may get aorund to it at some point

Pineapple(Posted 2006) [#14]
I would give my right arm to produce a model like that!

Beautiful!!! :)

Dabz

Ruz(Posted 2006) [#15]
cheers Dabz . its just one those models i go back to now nd then to mess around with then give up again, since techy stuff is not really me