#picture eidit - re colour v4

Red Ocktober(Posted 2006) [#2]
wow... i like it!!!

especially that bridge shot...

--Mike

Shambler(Posted 2006) [#3]
Superb!

QuickSilva(Posted 2006) [#4]
How is that game coming along now, these shots are looking great.

Jason.

scribbla(Posted 2006) [#5]
cheers guys

i got uv issues with a bit of stretching on the brickwork to sort out, UV's are Evil

the bridge is one half mirrored as to save on uv space
the wood is 2 planks copied to save on UV space and rotated to give a bit of randomness up close

the game is moving slowly (my fault) as i have very i mean very little time, i wish i could just sack my day job and play about with these all day ...who doenst ;)

big10p(Posted 2006) [#6]
Looks yummy.

Amon(Posted 2006) [#7]
Nice. :)

Join my team as the lead artists and medeller and together ve vil take over ze vorld. :)

Mustang(Posted 2006) [#8]
Cool...!

jhocking(Posted 2006) [#9]
I really love the texturing. It's great that everything gets uniquely painted, as opposed to generic textures tiled all over the level. How does this piece fit into an overall scene?

scribbla(Posted 2006) [#10]
i aslo prefer the painted rather than tiled look
however the grass top & path are tiled so they will match in with larger areas, it was tricky matching the side of the platform with the tiled top

ummm there is no scene to put it in as yet, ive been trying out different styles and this is the look im going after plus the, Me vs UV's war goes on
this is going to be the first piece that takes you off ground level

not very happy with the brick worki should have given it more uv space or something ?

now that ive learnt a few things , i can crack on time Permitting

John Blackledge(Posted 2006) [#11]
Damn you, sir, damn you!

The usual high standard, Scribbla. Great stuff!

Pete Carter(Posted 2006) [#12]
do you use ultimate unwrap 3d ? because it wouldnt take long to do that kind of think in uu3d.

very nice textures! thats what always take the time for me, i suck at textures mainly because i suck at photoshop and i did get round it by hand drawing and scanning textures but now my scanners F%$*ed! now.

anyway can't wait to see your finished game i really like the style.

Pete

scribbla(Posted 2006) [#13]
John
The usual high standard, Scribbla. Great stuff!

its a nice colour and style which i aimed for but its not quite there yet, the stretching on walls has been a real pain trying to figure out how to do it, but..."Ive got a plan" dun dun duuur) ummm war of the worlds music ;)

Pete
never used UU3d, lightwave has all the tools im just not using them in the right way, i dont really use a 2d paint program i use deep paint 3d painting

Pete Carter(Posted 2006) [#14]
i normally look at model and then draw a layout of all the bits of the model i need detail and then draw on paper the outlines then scan and fill in with painter IX. the i move the uv cords to fit the image ive made.

scribbla(Posted 2006) [#15]
im guna build a section of wall then copy that section to build the wall since it all uses the same UV space im going to get better resolution
....ive struggled my ass off with UV's not my best subject

its all good practice :)

puki(Posted 2006) [#16]
Large

Red Ocktober(Posted 2006) [#17]
Damn you, sir, damn you!

LOL... yeah, i know what you mean John... how long i've tried for similar results :)

uv mapping can have you talking to yourself...
out loud...

--Mike

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#18]
@Yeah, this looks great!

scribbla(Posted 2006) [#19]
just playing about with the whole look that will carry on through out the scene, ive nailed it down to 2

im after cartoony but not baby cartoony if that makes any sense

any helpful thoughts would be Appreciated

Pete Carter(Posted 2006) [#20]
(B) is a little better than (A) but theres not much in it i wouldnt be to picky they are both very high standard. good work, lov the look of the stone its something im trying to do at the moment im doing a transformers game and i need it to look real but a bit cartoony to fit in nicely with the cartoony look of the models it can be very hard to get the right balance. still you have pulled it off very well. what modeler are you using?

jhocking(Posted 2006) [#21]
B looks odd to me because of the grass on stone. It makes more sense for grass to be growing from soil.

QuickSilva(Posted 2006) [#22]
I actually prefer A, to me it is more pleasing to the eye as it is not all stone.

Pete, I believe he is using LightWave, the logo can been seen in his sig :)

Jason.

scribbla(Posted 2006) [#23]
i think ive just been staring at these tooo long

i do like the rock but good point Joe

Pete yep lightwave and deep paint3d

quicksilva yeh for some reason (A) was better on the eye, but i wanted more rock-ish

umm perhaps a mixing of both, i need to nail down a look soon i'm getting too old for this ;)

Ross C(Posted 2006) [#24]
Looking good man :D That editor will be finished ASAP!

scribbla(Posted 2006) [#25]
Ross this colour scheme is melting my brain ;)

A B or C

jhocking(Posted 2006) [#26]
If you want it to be all sharp and contrasty then that's good. Personally I preferred the soft blobby look. Of course it depends on how close the camera gets to the scenery.

Ross C(Posted 2006) [#27]
The camera will behind the player. Like a 3rd person cam, following behind him.

scribbla(Posted 2006) [#28]
yeh good points, i like the side rock and blur out the pillars

scribbla(Posted 2006) [#29]
im going with (D) tonight. May change my mind when i wake up ;)

Murphy(Posted 2006) [#30]
d looks best, IMO

Red Ocktober(Posted 2006) [#31]
yeah... D for me...

--Mike

jhocking(Posted 2006) [#32]
Dude, that looks sweet. I wanna play your game.

scribbla(Posted 2006) [#33]
so (D) it is - blobby-ish all the way ;)

im glad i re coloured it now, it looks a lot better
normaly i wouldnt spend so much time on it, but i needed to nail down a look for the whole level

as for a playable demo thats a long way off, im still learning how to do it and im aint getting any younger

thanks for the comments ;)

Grisu(Posted 2006) [#34]
Somehow I prefer A, but its your game... :)