First model ever

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/First model ever

Murphy(Posted 2006) [#1]
Hi!

I just finished my first model, within UV Map =)
i know, it isn't Ał quality, but whatever - i'm happy, that i made this. i'm new to the whole modelling stuff (and textureing of course)....

What do you think about the polycount? too much?

N(Posted 2006) [#2]
Not bad.

Ash_UK(Posted 2006) [#3]
Very good for a first try Murphy :D

Murphy(Posted 2006) [#4]
no suggest for improvement?
btw here is the model - free for all.
http://www.malice.at/stuff/chest.zip
and here is my next try...

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2006) [#5]
very nice chest, the foto doesn't show it very well (needs better light). Tho, the irons look kind of like cosmetics, on a real treasure chest the irons would be there to stabilize the edges I think. But it's well done.

The house is nice too, maybe the roof doesn't fit the houses style (60ies building with a roof that is too big, wasting expensive space).

Psionic(Posted 2006) [#6]
Chest Looks pretty good no crits really..the house the windows look a little too deeply set inwards, other than that good stuff and keep on modelling ;-)

Paul Murray(Posted 2006) [#7]
What software are you using? Max?

As jfk mentioned, the metal parts on the chest would probably be around the edges too, to strengthen the joints.

I STILL havn't gotten the hang of UV unwrapping (I've only been trying to learn for about 3 years)

Braincell(Posted 2006) [#8]
The only critique i have for the chest is that the lid and the base part have exactly the same texture. You would expect most chests to have a more visible different than a UV seam separating the two parts, or a frame around the lid, etc. The lock could also have been made 3d.

Murphy(Posted 2006) [#9]
thanks for your advice - will redo the metal part and the textureing. have to learn textureing anyway :)