Sometimes I get bored and make things

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Sometimes I get bored and make things

N(Posted 2006) [#1]
Out of scraps of metal and gum from under desks.

Then again, sometimes I also make things on my computer.

Paul Murray(Posted 2006) [#2]
Cool.

Parts of it are hollow?

N(Posted 2006) [#3]
Only one area with a staircase.

Ash_UK(Posted 2006) [#4]
Excellent work as usual Noel ;o)
By the way, which modelling software do you work with, if you don't mind my asking :)

N(Posted 2006) [#5]
Silo, Blender, 3D WorldStudio, and gile[s].

That was made in 3D WorldStudio (lightmap included), the ladders (probably not that easy to see) were made in Silo.

Braincell(Posted 2006) [#6]
Reminds me of battlefield 2 buildings.

JoshK(Posted 2006) [#7]
Looks good. Put some textures on that.

Ash_UK(Posted 2006) [#8]
Silo eh :) hmm i've never heard of that one before, i'll have to check it out :)
How long did it take you to model that Noel?

ashmantle(Posted 2006) [#9]
Silo can be found at www.nevercenter.com - its an excellent modeller and is soon getting its 2.0 upgrade.

N(Posted 2006) [#10]
How long did it take you to model that Noel?

3-4 hours last I checked.

daaan(Posted 2006) [#11]
Noel, I will pay money for level models like that. (textured, untextured, ...whatever). Email me.

Wiebo(Posted 2006) [#12]
You will pay for untextured boxes? Let me give you my email address =]

Mustang(Posted 2006) [#13]

Noel, I will pay money for level models like that. (textured, untextured, ...whatever). Email me.

But seriously, I think there would be a market for TEXTURED city blocks like this... throw few of them together and you got instant-city-ready-for-whatever. Good for SWAT, HL2 and even Sci-fi settings... if medieval cities sell, why wouldn't the modern ones too.

N(Posted 2006) [#14]
No offense, but you can, should, and will debate this elsewhere or I'll just ask to have this thread locked, and then you'll be disappointed that you can't talk about it. I'm not interested in having this thread turn into a flame war (and that's where all the arguments seem to go these days).

As for Daniel, we'll discuss whatever is neccessary in private and evaluate any concerns (and, since school is starting for me soon and I'm already working on a project, find him another artist of equal or greater skill if neccessary).

Wayne(Posted 2006) [#15]
Has a nice look to it for just goofing off. It must be all the fine tools you use. I like the use of open areas and platforms, and the angular shapes give a distinctive modern look.

I'm worried about one thing here. Not a single door or window to be found!

8)

John Blackledge(Posted 2006) [#16]
Well, I downloaded Silo, created a cube, clicked the 'modify' button at the bottom of the window - Silo promptly locked up.
Well, so much for that.

N(Posted 2006) [#17]
Wayne: Those things would be entities/decals, and as such not visible.

Wayne(Posted 2006) [#18]
No real windows ? No window openings ? No one way windows like in the original unreal ?

People love windows, heck some like jumping out them.
I understand triangle cannibalism, but this is just madness Noel. Think of the fun in breaking windows, the flying glass, the satisfaction of destruction. oh yeah !!

Be different Noel, break free of the DOOM cell block look!

Entities and decals are no substitute for real hardcore polys. After all we paid big bucks on video cards to see that magic, and by gum were going to get it.

Thanks for getting bored so we have something nice to look at, and talk about. 8)

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2006) [#19]
looks good. Tho the stairs seem to unneccessarily fragment the walls.

Paul Murray(Posted 2006) [#20]
Don't fret, I've found you a door...

[img
http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/8803/door1th.jpg]