military shooter

Archives Forums/General Discussion/military shooter

Flo01(Posted 2006) [#1]
Hallo everybody.

I want to make a 2d military shooter.

Can anyone give me a link for a pack of graphics?

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2006) [#2]
All shooters are military ;-D

xlsior(Posted 2006) [#3]
2D sprites, or 3D models?

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#4]
side on or top down?

Flo01(Posted 2006) [#5]
side and 2d

;)

BlackJumper(Posted 2006) [#6]
All shooters are military ;-D

... even those where your 'shooter' is a little fireball breathing dragon ????

Paolo(Posted 2006) [#7]
Well,
one of the newsletter of Darkbasic bring this as a gift
for Christmas, although I didn't download it and don't know
if it is any good...

We're happy to bring you this free grab-bag of 3D models and textures direct from The Game Creators 3D guru Simon Benge. We've collected them all together and bundled them up into one nice and tidy zip file for you. You can use these royalty free in your own games (DB, DBPro or FPS Creator). The only thing you can't do is sell them.

The Christmas Pack includes the following items:

3D Objects including a detailed normal-mapped AK47, Childrens ball, Barrel, Blocks, Tin can, Statue, Rubber Duck, Horse Statue, MR2 (car), Archery Target and a Tree. The objects include the X, 3DS and MAX files, plus all textures in native and DDS format. The AK47 even includes an ammo model and HUD for conversion to FPS Creator.
In the Graphics Folder you will find an Animated Flame Decal, a great sci-fi style wall texture, a moody and atmospheric skybox and a great wallpaper image!
This is all free of charge - our Christmas gift to you, our loyal readers! Enjoy.

http://rd.bcentral.com/?ID=3521799&s=97278563 (31mb)

Paolo.

Hotcakes(Posted 2006) [#8]
3D models are probably not much use in a 2D side scroller =]

Flo01(Posted 2006) [#9]
Yes that's true

Banshee(Posted 2006) [#10]
I make most of my 2D graphics by posing/rendering 3D models without annti-aliasing on and voila, multi-celled 2D sprite ready to roll...

Flo01(Posted 2006) [#11]
why cann not anyone give me a link, wehere I can download 2D Pic's?

I think they are all so good, to make 3D Games...

Rob Farley(Posted 2006) [#12]
Flo,

You've been given a link, 2D sprites can be easily made from these 3D models with a little time.

I assume you've done plenty of searches with google and come up with very little. This is precisely what most other poeple would do for you and probably came up with the same results.

This leaves you with a few of choices.
Create the 2D images from the 3D models.
Go to a pixel art forum and ask there for help ( http://www.pixeljoint.com/ is a good starter)
Or do the art yourself.

The blitz forum is primarily for coding and this is where *most* of the forum members skills are. Use art forums for art, music forums for music and 3d modelling forums for 3d modelling. The blitz members who can do these will probably be active on some of those forums too.

Flo01(Posted 2006) [#13]
ohh.. Thx