My first try

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/My first try

Ash_UK(Posted 2006) [#1]
This is my first tryout with my new Volito 2 graphics tablet :D
Damn, this is harder than i thought :p

Anyone like to comment? And please, be gentle :P

*(Posted 2006) [#2]
thats good for a first try, i got a trust tablet and I havent had any problems with it thus far :)

Ash_UK(Posted 2006) [#3]
Cool :D Thanks for the reply Ed :)

Anatoly(Posted 2006) [#4]
Yeah... I have a wacom... It takes a while to get used to...

Ash_UK(Posted 2006) [#5]
It certainly does :D
Here is my second pic:

Ash_UK(Posted 2006) [#6]
I know i know, i still have a long way to go :p
To be honest though this is the first time i have attempted hand drawn graphics, i really want to learn :D

Pete Carter(Posted 2006) [#7]
Keep it up took me ages to get used to my wacom tablet what size did you get? i found it really worth the extra to get a5 rather than a6. also it works better in some program than it does in others i use Painter IX and it can get some really great results not tht i get to us it much doing alot of modeling lately.

Pete

Ash_UK(Posted 2006) [#8]
Hey Pete :D It's A6 size, but i don't seem to be having to many problems with it regardless of the size. A little bit more experimenting and practice and i should have this thing tamed in no time :p

polygoon(Posted 2006) [#9]
In two weeks you won't even think about it, you'll just be using it all the time! ;O)

It's also not so likely to be giving you much in the way of RSI either! Win-Win.

Ash_UK(Posted 2006) [#10]
Heheh :)
Now that you mention it, i haven't used my mouse again once since purchasing this :D

Robert Cummings(Posted 2006) [#11]
I'd be gentle with the first one alright.

It's a great start. I've had my wacom 2 years and still not mastered it.

Anatoly(Posted 2006) [#12]
Oh, you will use your mouse! Just wait for an application that changes the screen size and works full-screen! ;-)

puki(Posted 2006) [#13]
First picture - not bad, I'd invite her back.

Second picture - mmm, is that "Michael Jackson"?

Ash_UK(Posted 2006) [#14]
Lol @ puki :D

Anatoly(Posted 2006) [#15]
OFFTOPIC: Speaking of Michael Jackson - you can find my impersonation of him on my website! ;-)

boomboom(Posted 2006) [#16]
open a picture you like and try to copy it (as in look at it, don't trace it)

This was y first attempt with my tablet

Ash_UK(Posted 2006) [#17]
Boomboom - Wow, i wish i could draw half as good as that. That looks brilliant :D

Anatoly - I have just checked out your website. You're a crazy guy :p Love the website, keep up the good work :D

Anatoly(Posted 2006) [#18]
Boomboom - I wish I was able to do it with my tablet, by no tablet in the world is going to help me to draw like that! :-(

Goldwing - thanx! ;-)