Stunt Race Xtreme - Track editor shots (large)

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Stunt Race Xtreme - Track editor shots (large)

Vorderman(Posted 2005) [#1]
3 new screenshots showing the revamped SRX track editor - it now has a proper GUI and can load and save to any filename, allowing the creation of loads of tracks.

Start mode placement - currently can place 4 start positions for network / local players -

Checkpoint placement - numbered checkpoints are placed around the track - they extend vertically to infinity so it is impossible for the cars to jump over them - they must just pass within the checkpoint x/z radius at that point -

And finally the track creation itself - the viewpoint can roam around freely, pieces can be rotated, placed and deleted at will -

Rob Farley(Posted 2005) [#2]
That looks really good...

I have a question though...

I assume the laps are read by making sure you pass from checkpoint 1 then checkpoint 2 etc... And the checkpoints are infinitly tall so you can't put one at the top of the loop...

So if this is correct does this mean that you wouldn't actually need to do the loop? Just get to the bottom of it and drive across the track onto the road next to it?

LarsG(Posted 2005) [#3]
Man, this looks great Vorderman... :)

I think we need another demo soon, with the editor included.. :p

Vorderman(Posted 2005) [#4]
So if this is correct does this mean that you wouldn't actually need to do the loop? Just get to the bottom of it and drive across the track onto the road next to it?

Currently, yes - I need to think of a way around that - the easiest way would be to split the base of the loop so it has a 1-lane gap in the centre so that you can't cross from one side to the other.

Perturbatio(Posted 2005) [#5]

Currently, yes - I need to think of a way around that - the easiest way would be to split the base of the loop so it has a 1-lane gap in the centre so that you can't cross from one side to the other.

Couldn't you just put a checkpoint here, or am I missing something?

Vorderman(Posted 2005) [#6]
You could, but they have a fairly generous radius so you'd probably still get it by jumping off the right side of the track as the loop starts to rise.

This should solve it though :) -

Vorderman(Posted 2005) [#7]
Another quick piccy to show the nice rainbow and clouds -

Braincell(Posted 2005) [#8]
Looks sweet, man. Get something like a rusted ship wreck in there as scenery, and stuff like that.

IPete2(Posted 2005) [#9]
wowo vordi - looking fabtastic!

IPete2.

EOF(Posted 2005) [#10]
Good to see you are making serious progress with this remake.
Best of luck in the new year to you whilst I'm here.

Steve Elliott(Posted 2005) [#11]
Looks superb! That rainbow is too straight though - it should start curving before it goes outside the screen.

btw I like Lenn's idea about a shipwreck in the water - or perhaps boats gently bobbing in the water - these things add interest and give the environment a less static feel. You could even add sharks snapping from the water to try and put you off or dolphins leaping out of the water.

Vorderman(Posted 2005) [#12]
it should start curving before it goes outside the screen.

It's a large 180 degree arc that crosses from one side of the world to the other, so it is curved, it's just the camera in the screenshot is right under it I think.

IPete2(Posted 2005) [#13]
Lovely!

IPete2

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2005) [#14]
Can't you put a checkpoint at the top of the loop? The 'closed' loop looks better IMO.

Steve Elliott(Posted 2005) [#15]

It's a large 180 degree arc that crosses from one side of the world to the other

Yes but rainbows are never that big!

Jeroen(Posted 2005) [#16]
I assure they will get that big as soon as you eat some magic mushrooms:
http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=53445

Vorderman(Posted 2005) [#17]
Can't you put a checkpoint at the top of the loop? The 'closed' loop looks better IMO.

Probably, but the checkpoints are used for respawning the cars when they fall off, so they could cause complete mayhem if the car flies off the loop at that point.

Yes but rainbows are never that big!

Artistic licence :) (ie. I can't be bothered to change it)

Steve Elliott(Posted 2005) [#18]
:-D

Grisu(Posted 2006) [#19]
Top stuff!