Free Music from myselfe

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Free Music from myselfe

Blitzblaster(Posted 2005) [#1]
Hi @ all !

So i give this community 2 old songs from myselfe.
This songs are about 1 1/2 years old. I think this songs are good for spaceshooter. Have fun !

http://www.blitzblaster.de/silentspace.mp3

http://www.blitzblaster.de/spacepanic-theme.mp3

Regards Blitzblaster

Grey Alien(Posted 2005) [#2]
thanks, they're a bit short though.

Blitzblaster(Posted 2005) [#3]
@ Grey Alien: Yes it is, but it`s free.

@ all:

Buy the way...i create music for PC Games since 2002.
By interesst i create music for your pc game. I take professional software to make music. This software are in movies and high professional PC Games like Guild Wars. Over 2000 instruments (vst`s) are in my library.

Look at my homepage at: http://www.schall-tracks.de
At my homepage you can hear samples from myselfe.
I play music since 1981. Piano, guitar and drums.

I talk about my price per mail.

Regards
Blitzblaster

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#4]
Thanks for sharing. Indeed they're short and I personally I think the synthie partially sounds 80ies like. Does your software also support naturally sounding orchestra instruments? I'd be very interested in classical soundtrack.

Blitzblaster(Posted 2005) [#5]
Hi jfk EO-11110 !

So i create all styles of music. And classic soundtracks too...no problem. The orchestra library is in a high quality. Sound demos are online at my homepage and here is a sample:

http://www.blitzblaster.de/Aufbruch.mp3

About the software read this:

Listen to the pure beauty of the Symphonic Orchestra and 125 million dollar Concert Hall that were recorded with the HIGHEST-QUALITY custom built recording equipment, by audio legend - Prof. Keith O. Johnson - recipient of two GRAMMYS, plus eight additional GRAMMY nominations for his 90 plus Classical Recordings.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#6]
yeah, that's very good. I didn't like the bells and the choir, but the strings, brass and timpani was great. You know, bombastic, dramatic stuff, the showdown soundtrack.

The brass part at 1:06 even reminds me a lot of Ian Hughes, a popular Movie soundtrack composer.
Contact me (hanshuber008 ät yahoo.com), let's talk about options.

Blitzblaster(Posted 2005) [#7]
Nice to hear, that you like the track. I send an e-mail to you !

Baystep Productions(Posted 2005) [#8]
What do you use to make them.

I use Fruity Loops and Adobe Audition.

....I'm Also willing to do music for games...

Blitzblaster(Posted 2005) [#9]
I create my music with cubase and many vst`s (virtual instruments). What a kind of instruments....?.....thats a secret ;-)

Ash_UK(Posted 2005) [#10]
Hi Blitzblaster, do you quantize your music at all?

Thanks

Blitzblaster(Posted 2005) [#11]
Hi Goldwing !

I don`t understand the word "quantize"....hmm
When you need music, than i need more informations about your project.

Regards
Blitzblaster

Ash_UK(Posted 2005) [#12]
Here is an explanation of "quantizing"

http://www.duke.edu/~scott1/New_studio_site/Studio_Tutorials/Performer/performer-03.html#quantize

PS: Thankyou for your genourous offer for to compose some music for me, but I too, am a musician :D
I was just asking out of curiosity :)

Thanks

Blitzblaster(Posted 2005) [#13]
Aaah....you make music too. Sorry...i don`t know :D
So i know this, but i never do this automatic in cubase. I check it with no this feature. Why do you ask ? :D

Ash_UK(Posted 2005) [#14]
I ask the same question to every musician :D
Quantizing is useful for tightening up any notes that sound slightly out of time with the song, it is mostly only used for drum tracks though, for the kick to be right on the beat.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#15]
then again they implemented a "human touch" random error variable in the quantisation tools because some people thought the perfect beat sounds sterile.

Ash_UK(Posted 2005) [#16]
Very true :D

Grey Alien(Posted 2005) [#17]
I quantise, but I use trackers!

Ash_UK(Posted 2005) [#18]
Which parts do you quantize Grey?

Grey Alien(Posted 2005) [#19]
well all of it, which will make you wince, but as it's trance music the beat, bass, chords and lead all need to be bang on, I'm not going for a "real" sounding music. Otherwise I'd only quantise the drums and bass (but add some slight volume/timing variation) other parts can be less precise especially lead but it depends on the type of music.

Ash_UK(Posted 2005) [#20]
Excellent, thanks man :D

Blitzblaster(Posted 2006) [#21]
Hi !

So my homepage http://www.schall-tracks.de
is now online in english too. For all people to read more about myselfe :-)

Regards
Blitzblaster

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2006) [#22]
Nice page. Simple design + good content. That's what I like. There are too many fancy looking pages without any content.
BTW thanks one more time for the soundtrack of the csp engine demo 6. Although I am a musician too, I doubt I could do this myself any better.

Blitzblaster(Posted 2006) [#23]
Thanks jfk EO-11110 for this words. And i was happy about you comment for the soundtrack. Good luck without your engine. I like the new csp engine demo 6.

Blitzblaster(Posted 2006) [#24]
Hi is a new track for free. Ist not perfect, because i don`t work more on this track. I hope anyone can need this.

http://www.blitzblaster.de/Driven.mp3

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2006) [#25]
I hope you don't mind when I tell you some honest critism.

The drums are very 80ies. I can right see Hubert Kah climbing out of his grave (Is the guy still alive? however)

Some of the sounds also sound a bit dusty. When strings start sounding like obvious synth strings then you should try to use an other sound, eg. a sample instead.

Also, the rock guitar sounds pretty unreal. Better no guitar than one that sounds like synth, again. Additionally, the A-C-G-G pentatonic line is a bit weak imho, we played that when we had our first guitars for a few days only.

I say this because I know you can do it much better. Then again, you said it's not finished.

My advise: use brandnew drumloops, and new sounds. My point is, with the quality of this song the question "You need music into your professional Game ?" doesn't appear very catchy.

I'd also suggest to compose more classical soundtracks. A lot of 3D games use classical movie-like soundtracks these days. additionally this may open a door to the moviemaker scene. It's also a lot more evergreenish, unlike popmusic that is becoming outdated a few years after release.

And stop being lazy, the term "Freedom of Art" cannot disguise imperfect details (No reason for not using a rythm quantisation).

Other than that: good luck with your art. I was very happy with the soundtrack you composed for me. So please forgive me for being so honest, probably even scaring.

Blitzblaster(Posted 2006) [#26]
Hi jfk EO-11110 !

No problem. This track is an early, very early version. I work`d one hour for this version. And yes, my commercial music is better. Yes it is, but this is a one hour track with no mastering. The virstual E-Guitar is very trashy. When no man can use this track, i take this track offline and delete this.

And by the way, Hubert Kah is still alive.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2006) [#27]
:) good to see I didn't make you angry. For a one hour job it's pretty well done.

Red Ocktober(Posted 2006) [#28]
niiiice stuff BB...

i could see this being used in a few game scenarios...

i applaud your generosity too...

--Mike