Looks like it has a few bugs...

(Someone would've said it if I hadn't)

;)

Matt McFarland(Posted 2005) [#4]
har har :p ty Doggie

Ferminho(Posted 2005) [#5]
mmm it's looking good :)

Grey Alien(Posted 2005) [#6]
look forward to seeing this progress! I lurve old skool shooters (see my totally unfinished but playable Jewel or Orion game when my bandwidth has been restored). Rock on!

Steve Elliott(Posted 2005) [#7]
Me too - they're great for a quick blast now and again. Demo soon?

My retro shooter is available from my website.

Matt McFarland(Posted 2005) [#8]
What do you guys think of the explosions being behind the guys? (see picture no. 3 of 4) I was wondering if that looks bad? Someone mentioned it at indiegamer and now I can't stop noticing it!

Steve Elliott(Posted 2005) [#9]
Matt it's difficult to say from a still shot. But perhaps adding a few more shades could smooth out the gradient from light to dark in the explosion.

Warren(Posted 2005) [#10]
It really should be on top of the guys since they are going away. Or blend them together.

Matt McFarland(Posted 2005) [#11]
Alright, well putting the explosions on top of the guys worked well. Since I'm using lightblending on the explosions the blending looks pretty good.. Steve, played your shooter, very fun! :) Grey, yours isnt avail yet..

here's the latest

xlsior(Posted 2005) [#12]
Matt it's difficult to say from a still shot

It's also hard to say from a .GIF image, since it reduces the #of colors considerably and introduces a bunch of dithering.

Matt McFarland(Posted 2005) [#13]
Here are some hi-def shots:

Screen 1(png format) - 79k
Screen 2(png format) - 153k

Steve Elliott(Posted 2005) [#14]

Steve, played your shooter, very fun! :)

Thanks Matt!

Your new screenshots look much better.

btw I see you created a spline creator for smooth attack patterns which sounds user friendly and complete (haven't tried it). I wrote one myself but it's not user friendly at all and I wrote it just for the game.

Matt McFarland(Posted 2005) [#15]
Thanks Scott, it toopk me 6 hours to implement Delta-Timing, now I have to muster up more motivation to add additional movement patterns. As far as SplineMagic Goes: Yeah, try it out! I made over 100 different move patterns in less than an hour with it.