Low poly bedroom

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Low poly bedroom

Ash_UK(Posted 2005) [#1]
I have just started working on this bedroom. Here is what i have so far.

Rob Farley(Posted 2005) [#2]
Looks nice.

I would however reduce the size of the bevels on the wardrobes and look at finding a texture for the carpet that doesn't repeat so obviously.

xlsior(Posted 2005) [#3]
What Rob said.

Ash_UK(Posted 2005) [#4]
Thanks for the feedback. I'll reduce the bevels and see if i can find a better texture :)

Anatoly(Posted 2005) [#5]
Nice! How did you do the bed sheet? Is it a boolean object?

Ash_UK(Posted 2005) [#6]
Is this how you mean Rob?

Ash_UK(Posted 2005) [#7]
Anatoly - I made the bed sheet by using a plane object which was 4 squares wide and four squares high.Then i placed it over then bed and pulled some side verts down to make the shape of the cover :)

Anatoly(Posted 2005) [#8]
Nice! Thanks man!
After I'm done texturing my character mesh I would have to make a first room for a game which has a bed with a sheet over it(important for the game)!
So you helped me out enormously!

Ash_UK(Posted 2005) [#9]
Glad i could help :D
As i say, if you need any more advice :)

Panno(Posted 2005) [#10]
i go sleep . g8

Rob Farley(Posted 2005) [#11]
The carpet looks much better.

I still think the wardobes aren't subtle enough. Think of the width of the wood that would be used to build them in real life, a bevel edge is going to be smaller than that thickness.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#12]
Well carpets actually DO repeat obviously (unless they're handwoven afghans or sometihng). Nice work. Mabye looks a bit too new. For a game It maybe needs some "dirt" and "traces of usage" IMHO.

Ash_UK(Posted 2005) [#13]
Hmm, thats a very good point jfk. It does look a bit "new". It is quite evident at this stage that i need much more practice with the "realism" thing, i will keep trying :)
Thanks for all your feedback eveyone. It's greatly appriciated :D