Human Head

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Human Head

Rob Farley(Posted 2005) [#1]
This is my first attempt at a fairly high poly human head... Not finished yet and still yet to even consider texturing the bugger!

Constructive crits welcome :)

Perturbatio(Posted 2005) [#2]
It looks a little elongated, but other than that, it's not bad.

Ears are always hard to do, I found a tutorial on how to do them ages ago, but I still can't do them right.

Was this done in milkshape?

Rob Farley(Posted 2005) [#3]
Yeah Milkshape... vertex by vertex face by face!! See what you mean about elongated... Didn't see that before!

Beter?

Robert Cummings(Posted 2005) [#4]
Ears are actually really in the centre of the head.

Rob Farley(Posted 2005) [#5]
Ears are actually really in the centre of the head.
My ears are on either side of my head... weird! :)

I'm not sure you're right though...

Robert Cummings(Posted 2005) [#6]
I think I might have gotten confused with ears. Let me try and remember:

The head is Five eyes wide, with one eye in the middle and the ear is in the centre.... hmm.

I'm sure it was something like that.

Ruz(Posted 2005) [#7]
rob, that photo is heavliy distorted in terms of perspective, so i would get a proper side view to work from
check this site out for ace reference

http://free-textures.got3d.com/natural/free-character-references/index.html

you head looks ok, but i think you sohuld post the wires as its just as important how you build it as to what it looks like

couple of popints, the cheekbone seems non existent and the nose has no shape to it, pull it forward more.

Rob Farley(Posted 2005) [#8]

That's a fantastic site Ruz, I'll have to look into that one deeper.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#9]
well even when the photo has perspective distortion, the ear should remeain in the middle IF it actuely is in the center. Maybe it isn't an exact sideview, but i think it's pretty close to a proper sideview.
I think too, the ear is not in the middle, rather in the golden cut. Like most other things in nature.