Egg timer?

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Egg timer?

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2005) [#1]
I don't suppose any lcever person out there could create a realistic looking egg time complete with textures (it doesn't need or want the sand init).

MANY THANKS!

big10p(Posted 2005) [#2]
You mean an 'hourglass'? I'm not sure whether any non-brits would understand what you mean by 'egg timer'. :)

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2005) [#3]
Erm, yup. An hour glass.

Tyler(Posted 2005) [#4]
Hehe, I thought he meant the white contraption that had a large dial and went "Ding" when it was done ticking.

John Blackledge(Posted 2005) [#5]
Do you mean 3D meshes?

Here's three I downloaded ages ago:
hourglass1.3ds
hourglass2.3ds
hourglass3.3ds

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2005) [#6]
Thanks - number 2 doesn't appear to show anything. 1 has a problem with the tris it seems. Ho hum - anyone else?

John Blackledge(Posted 2005) [#7]
They're not mine. They're free from the web and will probably need some work - but what you asked for.

big10p(Posted 2005) [#8]
Just been browsing svenart's stuff and he has a free hourglass
http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/283483

Topknot(Posted 2005) [#9]
Here ya go Boiled,

EggTimer

_PJ_(Posted 2005) [#10]
from boiled sweets to boiled eggs....

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2005) [#11]
big10p - thanks, you always come up trumps. I did look on there but could find nothing - ho hum...

Topknot - top banana, many thanks, are these yours?

Malice, nice one, made me laugh - anyway these are not going to be used as egg timers to boild eggs (though that could be a really cool game - boil some eggs and cook some bacon) I'm using them as 'time bombs' - a player gets near one of these and boom - it reduces the game time by 50%!

Guys all I need now is a cool looking bomb. Don't worry about the fuse as I'll use Particle Candy to render some nice flames...

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2005) [#12]
*BUMP*

Anyone fancy designing a old fashioned bomb for me?

You know a big black thing...

DH(Posted 2005) [#13]
Hehe, I thought he meant the white contraption that had a large dial and went "Ding" when it was done ticking.

Yeah, that's an egg timer :-)

And hour glass has nothing to do with timing an egg! Unless that egg were to take an hour to do something, in which case and "hourglass" could be used...

Why do "brits" (as you call yourselves) call and hourglass or "Sandglass" an eggtimer? And on top of that, what would you call an actual eggtimer (as tyler stated, a white "egg-like" shaped contraption used to determine when an egg is fully cooked (approximatly 3 min))?

No offense intended, I am rather curious

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2005) [#14]
Its because you used to get a 3 minute sandglass to time the boiling of your eggs, thus an egg timer.

Mechcanical timers in the shape of an egg are also called egg timers.

Weird and wacky huh?

Now why did the Yanks (as I call them) destroy our beloved language - color? trash can? and what's with the zeds anyhow?

DH(Posted 2005) [#15]
lol, Zeds? What the heck is a zed?

Color? Trash Can? Whats wrong with those?

I use Garbage Can (A can that holds garbage).

Then again, I dont call it a shower either, I call it a "Rain locker" ;-)

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2005) [#16]
"Rain locker" - nice one - lol

big10p(Posted 2005) [#17]
I have an hourglass designed for the sole purpose of timing eggs, hence, it's called an eggtimer! :)

John Blackledge(Posted 2005) [#18]
Yeah - all you Yanks... the redcoats have gone now you know - you don't have to talk in code any more!
(Swapping days and months etc.) ;-)

Ruz(Posted 2005) [#19]
I have a glass egg which i keep sand in. The yokes are down at the beach having a game of volleyball

_PJ_(Posted 2005) [#20]
Pavements are what we walk on
A Purse is a thing that goes IN the handbag
Pants are worn UNDER jeans/trousers
and when you say 'fanny' - your a couple of inches off the mark.....

:D
--------------------

Anyway, Boiled - any luck with the bomb?

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2005) [#21]
Did em myself...