big10p(Posted 2005) [#2]
Your image links aren't working here.

redflux(Posted 2005) [#3]
I'm Sorry .
It done.

Red Ocktober(Posted 2005) [#4]
the Koreans are gonna kill you... :)

but i think the models look great...

i hope you can keep that blur effect that is in the top pic of the female model as you transition to the game environment...

... and is that mouth of hers articulated?

... coool stuff.

--Mike

redflux(Posted 2005) [#5]

Yes. it articulated.

the Koreans are gonna kill you... :) --> what does it means?

Unfortunately, I'm Korean,too
Hope you're not too hateful for me. :)

redflux(Posted 2005) [#6]
I want to Noise Effect then Blur Fx

John Blackledge(Posted 2005) [#7]
the Koreans are gonna kill you... :) --> what does it means?

It means Red Oktober has to be more careful in future. <Sigh>

redflux(Posted 2005) [#8]
Ah-ha! :)

Red Ocktober(Posted 2005) [#9]
nooooo.... it merely means that i just referred this link to a friend of mine, who happens to be korean... not korean american, but korean... and she thinks the girl looks more Japanese...

:)

--Mike

redflux(Posted 2005) [#10]
Japanese have a look of Korean
And Korean have a look of Japanese

SkinColor, Fashion, HairStyle, Culture ... all of
similar figures

i don't care about...

Thanks Your advice!

Red Ocktober(Posted 2005) [#11]
i didn't offer any advice... just made a comment... or two...

my wife is japanese... and i don't think she looks in any ways similar to a korean...

and i find it funny you should say that they do...

--Mike

Ricky Smith(Posted 2005) [#12]
Great expressions on the girl's face - nice work !!

octothorpe(Posted 2005) [#13]
Looks great!

Rob Farley(Posted 2005) [#14]
It's head and proportions are good but I think the arms and legs lack any definition or shape.

JoshK(Posted 2005) [#15]
Koreans usually have kind of an underbite. The guy looks Korean, the girl definitely looks Japanese.

You should use a lot more polys in the arms, legs, and especially the hands.

Avrigus(Posted 2005) [#16]
very nice Redflux! How are you doing the facial expressions, are they controlled by bones? If so can you post a screen shot showing how you've set it up?

Cheers!

redflux(Posted 2005) [#17]
Controlled by Bones. Not Biped.

Kalisme(Posted 2005) [#18]
redflux: wow, the character screen shots look pretty cool, I can't wait until you get further in the project... I love silent hill :D definatley in my top 10 games of all time (jeez... probabley in the top 5 :o )
I wanna do a horror suvival game in the same vein as Silent Hill some day... just haven't figured out any good stories that are original enough...
Oh well, good luck for your project ;)

Dock(Posted 2005) [#19]
The facial expressions seem to do a good job, nice work! ^_^ I really like the looks of what you're doing so far.

Most people I know agree that some Japanese and Korean look very similar. Besides, it's just an young attractive asian look. I like it. ^_^

Please keep us posted on your progress.

Red Ocktober(Posted 2005) [#20]
Most people I know agree that some Japanese and Korean look very similar.
then i would have to conclude Dock, that most people you know probably think that they all look alike anyways... and wouldn't be able to distinguish a Japanese from a Korean from a Chinese from a Vietnamise from an Aluit (Eskimo) from a... well, you get the point...

regardless though, and so this won't become a topic about ethenic facial traits and recognition tips... lets move on...

... yeah, the models really look great, as does the style you've come up with 'flux...

it would be neat to see some of these animated 'people' in action...

definitely keep us in the loop as to your progress with this...

--Mike

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#21]
Very nice work. Could be part of an actual AAA release. I rarely see this quality around here. I agree with the hands they need some more polies. How much is the polycount anyway?

redflux(Posted 2005) [#22]
Polygon : 1637

Braincell(Posted 2005) [#23]
They look good, now talk less and work more. ;) I mean, showing off at 5% done must mean you need moral support to continue?

JoshK(Posted 2005) [#24]
You should double that polycount.

Kuron(Posted 2005) [#25]
The gal looks awesome!! Very good job!

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#26]
For the polycount it looks excellent. Contrary to what halo said I'd rather double to number of Characters'n'stuff.

Avrigus(Posted 2005) [#27]
I agree with JFK although I think these characters should at least have fully articulated fingers rather than the current Quake 2 style stumps ;-)

Tyler(Posted 2005) [#28]
Heh, I've never tried, but I don't know how easy it would be to reweight the bones and vertices to add five fingers. Although, I will agree, looks like she needs some fingers. Other than that, and the arm/leg definition, it looks spectacular.

Svenart(Posted 2005) [#29]
great character work! Very well done.

Naughty Alien(Posted 2005) [#30]
hey Redflux, are you somewhere in Asia..if yes where??

Dock(Posted 2005) [#31]
Red Oktober - many of the people I was referring to were Korean or Japanese. I have Korean family too, and have Korean friends who complain of being mistaken for Japanese *by* other Koreans. Considering the model is based on a photo, and probably a korean photo at that, it's probably not an issue, just please don't make assumptions about my friends. -_-

Fingers on characters are really expensive. They add a lot of bones and quite a lot of polygons, and introduce more work into the animation pipeline. However, they can look really impressive when done properly. I agree that her hands could use more work though.

Red Ocktober(Posted 2005) [#32]
hey Dock...

1- what assumptions have i made... regardless of who, what, or where they come from... they still make the assumption that 'they' all look alike... you just verified that... again, what assumptions have i made...

2- why do your Korean friends complain about being mistaken for Japanese... especially when it is by other Koreans... i don't understand...

3- it's Ocktober... Red Ocktober, with a C... Red Oktober is that other guy... the one standing in the front of the line... the one that looks Venuzeulan...

in short, the issue has been discussed above, and we have moved on... don't turn this thread into a debate on the aspects of racial profiling, or what you may perceive as comments made by me, or anyone else, that were merely regarding the physical appearance of the model... the appearance that was pointed said by the guy who made it to be of a particular ethnicity, which i only questioned...

questioned... not in an attempt to right the wrongs with the world... but in an attempt to offer my opinon that the model didn't look like what the author intended it to...

in my opinion....

i hope you understand more clearly now... and we can let this center back on modeling...

--Mike

Dock(Posted 2005) [#33]
Okay, no problem. ^^

Red Ocktober(Posted 2005) [#34]
thx :)

--Mike

Erroneouss(Posted 2005) [#35]
Amazing..... Geeze...

IPete2(Posted 2005) [#36]
Redflux,

from where I am sat they both look terrific, you are a clever person!

Good work!

IPete2.