Artists wanted for oldschool RPG game creation!

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Artists wanted for oldschool RPG game creation!

ozak(Posted 2005) [#1]
Artists wanted for oldschool RPG game creation!

Hi. I’m a programmer and great fan of such RPG classics as Ultima, Goldbox games, Phantasie, Centauri Alliance, Bard’s Tale, Demons Winter, Legend of Blacksilver, Might and Magic etc. etc.

I’m looking for 1 or 2 artists who will help me produce PC games in the vein of these old classics.
We’ll all help out with design, world building and other aspects of the project.
(I have access to sound/music people too)

In the beginning we’ll focus on 2D games (or 90 degree 3D games like Bard’s Tale), but depending on the success of the first project we might move to 3D later.

The first project will first and foremost be a hobby project for all the fans of oldshool games out there, but there’s no reason why we shouldn’t go commercial if the quality is high enough.

The project will probably be for Windows only, but I’m looking into the possibility of producing games that run on Windows, OS X and Linux, as I believe gaming should be cross platform so no one misses out.

Now, those are big words so let me explain a bit about myself :)

I’m currently employed as Lead Programmer/Project lead help for a 3D software company and I’ve done both Project Lead and development in multiple game companies, where I did R&D, tools and games for PC, Playstation One and Pocket PC platforms.
I know a multitude of languages such as C/C++, assembly, Java, BlitzBasic etc. and I’m used to getting the job done :)

I have my own website with plenty of space, as well as a private forum already setup for us to plan and discuss.

Interested parties should mail me at odin_nospam_@...> (remove _nospam_) for futher discussion.

Best regards

Odin Jensen

Braincell(Posted 2005) [#2]
Not many artists here, mate. Mostly us chicken! Er i mean coders.

deps(Posted 2005) [#3]
Provide link to a fully functional demo of the game using placeholder art, then try again.
Or try at a community that is more graphics oriented.
There is lots of talented people here but as far as I know there is mostly programmers.

ozak(Posted 2005) [#4]
Yeah I know, but it's surprisingly hard to find forums with game artists on :)

Oldtimefun(Posted 2005) [#5]
have you tryed the indiegamer forums.

http://forums.indiegamer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13