Other stuff for Nova

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Other stuff for Nova

N(Posted 2005) [#1]

*Whistles*

Vorderman(Posted 2005) [#2]
The rocks are cool, but I'm sure you could cut the barrel texture in half vertically and it'll still look the same.

N(Posted 2005) [#3]
I could, but I won't.

Ross C(Posted 2005) [#4]
Hey Noel. Nice looking stuff there as always. Could you post a UV map for the rock? Just curious ^_^

Matty(Posted 2005) [#5]
Looks very nice - what is Nova and/or what are you planning on using these for?

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2005) [#6]
Thought you were leaving Blitz behind, Noodle. Change of heart?

big10p(Posted 2005) [#7]
Nice barrel. I like the old, faded wood effect. The rock textures are also very good. Are you drawing these textures from scratch, Noel?

Leon Brown(Posted 2005) [#8]
Good stuff :)

N(Posted 2005) [#9]
Matty: My game.

Nomen luni: These aren't for a Blitz project.

big: Nope, photo source.

Picklesworth(Posted 2005) [#10]
They look good. The rocks are great.
The table, especially its legs, is a bit bare. The legs look a bit like pencils... maybe try making them a bit thicker, see what it looks like if their texture is a bit less like the table's, and add more shape. Even with that little bit missing on the side, the legs make it appear too much like 5 rectangles stuck together.

Vorderman(Posted 2005) [#11]
I could, but I won't.

Suit yourself.

Chroma(Posted 2005) [#12]
Noel, you chastise Frank and accuse him of seeking attention while you post a few models and act rude when a few people ask questions or offer some suggestions.

Seems you feel like you've outgrown Blitz and these forums. Moving on is an option. It'll spare you from looking like a @%#*! and prevent people from having to endure your ego.

Was I too harsh?~ I've been gone awhile and I guess that clears your head and lets you see the personalities on this board in an unbiased manner.

Anyhow...carry on. :)

N(Posted 2005) [#13]
Out of all the people that have chosen to attempt to deal with me through insults, what makes you think you'll have any effect?

I mean, really, there have been dozens upon dozens of people who have insulted me much worse and far more intelligently. You couldn't even scratch the surface, let alone leave a dent.

Chroma(Posted 2005) [#14]
Not trying to "deal" with you or "dent" any surfaces with you at all...just pointing out the obvious. You're a hypocrit.

But if I were to expend the energy to "deal" with you, I'd probably just ignore you. That's the easiet way to get rid of arrogant, egotistical people. /shrug

Jams(Posted 2005) [#15]
' I could, but I won't.'

Why not? you'd effectively be doubling the resolution of your texture on the x axis, which is a very good thing on a cylindrical type object

John Blackledge(Posted 2005) [#16]
Out of all the people that have chosen to attempt to deal with me through insults, what makes you think you'll have any effect?

Oooh - can I pinch it! - that's nearly as good as "I missed the part where that's my problem." and "Which part of 'no' don't you understand?"

Is it just the time of year? Are we missing the sunshine?

Red Ocktober(Posted 2005) [#17]
oooooh the love... can ya feel the love just floatin' around all over the place... heyyyy, i sure can...

--Mike

Bob3d(Posted 2005) [#18]
cool stuff.

BTW, mirroring UVs sometimes avoids the later on possibility of adding non simetrycal details...and can end up in textures a bit repetitive in certain areas(all can be worked in many ways). Of course, depends on the case.

Also, some effects and stuff are enemies of mirrored UVs or shared Uvs, etc...It depends on his plans.

I think that with the short sentence he meant is not worth it even if it'd be convenient for a perfect job: when you construct a big 3d world alone, speed is important, and not waste too much time if memory, performance etc, is not big issue.

Or...simply was bored for a better answer, hehe.

N(Posted 2005) [#19]
Chroma: I believe you mean 'hypocrite', and by defintion I'm not one. The opinions and beliefs I have expressed are those that I follow rigidly. Your entire argument just fell apart.

But if I were to expend the energy to "deal" with you, I'd probably just ignore you.

By digging up a two week old thread?

Chroma(Posted 2005) [#20]
Noel: I believe you meant "definition". Everyone makes minor spelling mistakes on a forum and pointing it out doesn't make anyone an Einstein.

The fact that the thread is two weeks old is irrelevant. You were a prick two weeks ago and you're a prick now.

Hypocrite: a person who professes beliefs and opinions that he does not hold.

You got on Frank about seeking attention and then you post pics and models here seeking attention and then get upset and rude when people make comments. I guess you expected everyone too ooh and ahh and kneel before you. Apparently it backfired.

Frank is intelligent enough to realize that the community project didn't turn out like he intended. He surely doesn't need the likes of you to point it out.

I would imagine this conversation is over. Any more would be beating a dead horse.

N(Posted 2005) [#21]
The fact that the thread is two weeks old is irrelevant.

You could have done this in a more recent thread if you wanted to insult me, but instead you chose a thread where I acted completely civil and was polite.

You were a prick two weeks ago and you're a prick now.

I don't know where you get this impression from, but if you don't like me then you can preach to someone else.

You got on Frank about seeking attention and then you post pics and models here seeking attention and then get upset and rude when people make comments.

Where did I get upset and rude when someone posted a comment here? I see absolutely nothing to back your claims here, Chroma.

Frank is intelligent enough to realize that the community project didn't turn out like he intended. He surely doesn't need the likes of you to point it out.

Frank might be intelligent enough to realize it, but when he claims a quite obviously dead community project is still alive I will give him a nice dose of reality.

I would imagine this conversation is over. Any more would be beating a dead horse.

You obviously didn't think that when you decided to revive this thread.

If you're going to start something, Chroma, you had best be prepared to finish it.

Shagwana(Posted 2005) [#22]
Im sure you can all see where this is going, so on goes the lock.