Three posters (large)

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Three posters (large)

Braincell(Posted 2005) [#1]
Actually two posters...

I'm doing these posters for an internal company art competition. I look at them more as concepts, but i think the guys at HQ will look at them more like finished works of commercial art. Do you think they look finished? Or even any good? Also tell me if there are any big big mistakes, so i consider correcting them before printing. They are my first posters and i never designed something similar before.

To clarify the points: Raptiva is a cure for psoriasis (or rather an inhibitor) which is a skin desease sort-of depcted on the poster with the man. I hope its clear what the messages are, but more importantly i hope it looks ok (professional enough).

I doubt i'll have the time to improve her hair, but i think the style of it is good enough...

The man displayed here will look better when i make him more transparent, darker and more contrasted (i think).

Everything was of course done by me. The posters will be printed at 600dpi so they are huge (13k pixels wide) at 45 cm wide. It took more time to load different elements and apply effects than to edit them. Now i think i know why i may need a workstation or a Mac or something.

DH(Posted 2005) [#2]
I only see 2 posters

Braincell(Posted 2005) [#3]
I only see you cant read. I never understood how illiterate people can be coders.

clownhunter(Posted 2005) [#4]
You can uzip your skin? COOL!

JoshK(Posted 2005) [#5]
What does that drug treat?

Braincell(Posted 2005) [#6]
To quote myself:

To clarify the points: Raptiva is a cure for psoriasis (or rather an inhibitor) which is a skin desease sort-of depcted on the poster with the man.

I didnt think my magic formula for writing in invisible online ink would work, but somehow noone seems to be able to read what i type! Im a genious!

I need someone to tell me, should i fix the girl's hair and how much?

Bouncer(Posted 2005) [#7]
I think they look pretty poor. The color's are dull and the man in the second poster looks braindead... and what's with the molecules in the background. In my opinion it's not very good to mix that kind of stuff to a commercial that deals with feelings / cosmetic products. People are afraid of technology and chemicals....

You asked for comments... these were honest ones.

Braincell(Posted 2005) [#8]
I agree Bouncer. I would improve that also. But its a whole different story on how much time i had and why :)

Somebody who i thought i should listen said "include some molecule there or something" but i had nothing prepared. So i made do with a scrambled one. Its like the case of making a game that will please the publishers (bosses) and not the players (viewers).

In the final version (im not gonna repost it all) i faded the molecules a bit further and made them blurrier so they look like a sort of effect. I cant be bothered posting the third one cos it doesnt matter i already 'shiped' them.

Oh and luckily, i know the people who will be reviewing this, very well. They wont notice these kinds of things. And i will tell them if they would like to use them i'll improve them as i know i can.

Picklesworth(Posted 2005) [#9]
I think it'll looks better with a more sterile look.
The molecule makes it a bit too busy.

BTW: It's amazing that puki hasn't posted here yet... it has his favourite word and all that :)