Fortnightly Art Compo #11

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Fortnightly Art Compo #11

SoggyP(Posted 2005) [#1]
Hello.

Art Compo #11: Good Vs Evil

- Give us a scene that shows Good Vs Evil, whether real, imagined or surreal, whether person, anthropormorphic personification or attitude, or even an event, a time or a place. Give us something to think about.

Start date: Monday, September 19th 21:00 GMT
End date : Sunday, October 2nd 21:00 GMT

Rules:
- All entries must be created after the compo start date.
- Only 1 entry per user.
- Judges decision is final.
- Winner becomes judge and chooses competition type for next fortnight.
- Competition will last 2 weeks from starting date.
- All entries must be submitted before the deadline.
- Judge can't submit entry into own competition.

Prize: The presidency of the USA.

Goodbye.

Jes

ratking(Posted 2005) [#2]
Are pencil drawings allowed?

There's always a bigger fish, they say.

SoggyP(Posted 2005) [#3]
Hello.

Yup, any media. Preferably computer based though.

Goodbye.

Curtastic(Posted 2005) [#4]
THAT MEANS NO. jk, wursts is the worst anyways. haha

no that looks awesome. If we were voting I would vote for that even though I havent seen the others yet. I actually didnt notice the giant mouth at the top for a sec. then "whoa!"

You prolly can tell I've been chatting online for the past 5 hours 0MG101

I'll see if I can make something.

Braincell(Posted 2005) [#5]
Did this today,

Kalisme(Posted 2005) [#6]

Erm... This is my first time posting an image... sorry if nothing pops up :(

But if it does... YAY!
Sorry for the size... I made this last year. It's black pen on paper... nothing amamzing.
It's called "Perfection: KALs guide to the Impossible"

Hujiklo(Posted 2005) [#7]
After realising the pic had to be made after the start date I had to remove my original pic and russle up another example quick-time!

One of Tommy Tronic's Nightmares.

Sometimes getting home from school can be such a trial!

Kalisme(Posted 2005) [#8]
Whoops... forget about my last entry....
(brakes the rules... I did it like a year before the start date)
I'll do a new one.... sorry if I caused any inconveniances

SoggyP(Posted 2005) [#9]
Hello.

Well, what a stunning response! I kinda get the feeling that no-one is much interested in these anymore. Oh well.

Anyway, the winner is Lenn. I liked the others but ideally computers should be used as the main medium. Huji, I liked yours but I wasn't sure if it was original material.

Later,

Jes

Braincell(Posted 2005) [#10]
Heh, after entering for the 4th time :) ... cheers Soggy.

Yes not many entrants but its something! I really like Hujiklos render, its awesome, and my younger brother really loves the demo of Tommy.

It's definatelly 'original material' the only doubt could be if it was created after start date, which i also think isnt all too terribly important. I mean if the guy says so we should trust him, if he feels like lieing (which i doubt with Huji) he wont feel like a winner in the end.

:)

peace and flowers ... and stuff...

Hujiklo(Posted 2005) [#11]
No - you won fair and square Lenn...I still didn't get the rules through my thick head...it was an original arrangement and render with a few new bits in but it wasn't completely new as tommy and the monster are old. Don't know how I missed the fact it must be 100 percent new!!
Well done..I see you're getting some good use out of your drawing tablet!...I think I'll have to follow you down that road - I still don't own one.

ratking(Posted 2005) [#12]
Will there be a Compo #12?

CS_TBL(Posted 2005) [#13]
Perhaps a different kind of art would raise activity a bit.. all this drawing only attrachts lazy ppl it seems ^_^

Story-writing compo?

Music compo?

poem?

code compo? (like, "make a game using 1 function only", or "make the smallest map-editor possible" etc. etc.)

Code/GFX: create 32x32 wall- and grass-tiles using code-instructions (no data-decompressors, just plot, oval, line etc.)

etc. etc.

be creative I'd say..

Braincell(Posted 2005) [#14]
Will there be a Compo #12?

Yes, sorry. My net was down, will set one up in a few moments.