From The Gallery - Recent Good Lookin' Stuff

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/From The Gallery - Recent Good Lookin' Stuff

Red Ocktober(Posted 2005) [#1]
great looking screenshots S...

http://www.blitzbasic.com/gallery/view_pic.php?id=1150&gallery=&page=1

http://www.blitzbasic.com/gallery/view_pic.php?id=1151&gallery=&page=1

are these part of a game you're making... if so, could ya tell us a bit about it.

--Mike

JoshK(Posted 2005) [#2]
Check his link. They have a lot of nice medieval buildings on Turbosquid. The model looks great, and the lillies are a nice touch, but the scene is sparse, and the trees look bad.

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2005) [#3]
haha. nice looking, but the trees look like marios turtle wings or somesuch.

Red Ocktober(Posted 2005) [#4]
yeah...the trees need work... as does the skybox graphic for this level of presentation... but overall, the scenes look good... good composition, good balance, etcetera, etcetera... :)

and the chateau comes across as believable and impressive... as does the reflecting pool with the waterlillies floating around...

i'm sure it's not a finished work... but ya gotta give it some credit now...

--Mike

JoshK(Posted 2005) [#5]
Replace the trees, and give something more in the background, and it's perfect. Maybe some of the other buildings they have, or some mountains.

I would also make the building project into the pond, instead of just lying on one side of it...the layout looks unnatural and forced, as if they were trying to set up a scene where they would get a good reflection.

Ruz(Posted 2005) [#6]
The trees just need work on the alphas . They look a bit like totem poles right now, but overall looking great

RiK(Posted 2005) [#7]
err, looks nice but 10/12 fps.... don't think you'll be doing much with it in realtime!

JoshK(Posted 2005) [#8]
I noticed something else...the lillies should cast a shadow on the bottom of the pond, not on the water surface.

Bouncer(Posted 2005) [#9]
I don't know what you are seeing in the picture. I think the whole thing looks really bad. What's with the building being just a flat sprite looking thing with no depth??

Or am I blind?!

big10p(Posted 2005) [#10]
What's with the building being just a flat sprite looking thing with no depth??

Or am I blind?!

I must be blind too, then. :P I thought the building just looked like a flat sprite, too - no offence to the creator. :)

[edit] looking at it again, I think it really is just a sprite - the building has no depth what-so-ever. :/ From the angle of the shots, we should be able to see it stretching backwards, towards the trees.

Bot Builder(Posted 2005) [#11]
I'm pretty sure its a mesh, but its only the front, there's no back bits.

Svenart(Posted 2005) [#12]
Hello to all,

the screenshot you have seen is from our (occide & me) very first b3d project (planned as screensaver), and itīs still Work in Progress. I will work on the trees and will make it faster than 10fps, of course. The lillies are not throwing shadows on the water, its the reflection of the bottom of the lillies... The building is of course not a flat sprite. Itīs a normal mesh with about 18.000 Polygons... Thanks for all the suggestions...

D4NM4N(Posted 2005) [#13]
Really nice!! As you say tho the building does looka a little flat. But on the medeivalworlds.com, it looks 3d and is definitely a model ?!? Lots of nice work on the website too!!