Cabin Remodelled

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Cabin Remodelled

Ross C(Posted 2005) [#1]
Sorry for creating a new thread. Wasn't sure since this is completely redesigned and doesn't rememble the old one...

Anyway, i've used alot more polygons this time round, and used a design that's humanly possible to build. Any suggestions or improvements before i put in the door and window and start texturing?

JoshK(Posted 2005) [#2]
Looks like my neighborhood.

Add a doorframe and windowframe.

Jams(Posted 2005) [#3]
Much better!

Ross C(Posted 2005) [#4]
Thanks guys. I will do :o)

puki(Posted 2005) [#5]
Still looks like an owl.

Difference(Posted 2005) [#6]
Look at this corner to find 2 errors in your model. No overlap and no displacement (side logs should be 1/2 higher/lower then the front logs)

Also the roof would never be split at the very point where you need it to be the most weatherproof.

Ross C(Posted 2005) [#7]
I've copied the roof straight from a picture of a log cabin on the internet. i agree with the logs being half higher lower, but i thought it would be difficult to model, so i went with the simply option. It's for a cartoony type game, so i think i'll get away with it. Thanks again people and keep them coming. :o)

And puki, please try and post SOMETHING constructive... or don't post at all. Thanks.

JoshK(Posted 2005) [#8]
The roof is fine. They have cabins like that here.

Kev(Posted 2005) [#9]
looking good ross, i would think a porch on front of the cabin would add more depth to it.

kev

Ross C(Posted 2005) [#10]
Cool, thanks for that, i'll add that in too :o)

Robert Cummings(Posted 2005) [#11]
Very cool, way better :)

Matty(Posted 2005) [#12]
Reminds me of some of the little wooden huts at camp sites with a barbecue inside.