looking for isometric pixel artist:)

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/looking for isometric pixel artist:)

Xip(Posted 2005) [#1]
Hi there, sorry for my spelling (dyslexia+secondary language)

I'm starting up a new projekt, an Fan projekt to a nother game named Stalker(some of you might now about it), and after all the fuzz and delays, i wanted to do somthing for the community(ol.com) to shear them up and give people somthing to do, while we whait for the game... so i was thinking on writing a medium/small Online/RPG game based on the Stalker world :)
and even if you are not intrested in the stalker game, this projekt might be fun if you like isometric art:)

the original game is found here:
www.stalker-game.com
the community here:
http://stalker.myexp.de/en/index.php

here is a example on a building im working on:

(NOTE: This building is not #1 finnished, #2 correct scale)
you can compare it to the in-game model found in a screenshot here:

and i need more people with isometric skills, sence its its hard to both write the engine AND design all the graphics...

if anyone is intrested, send me a message :)

CodeD(Posted 2005) [#2]
Awesome, pixel art Xip!
I do a few things if you want. Just lemme know what you want. I say few for starters.

Xip(Posted 2005) [#3]
Exelent dude:)

do you have anything isometric style i can look at?

Im looking for very basic Stalker:ish blocks at the moment, tree's, rock's, telephone lines, smaller tree houses and so on... the hole Zone is a deserted place where the life is very limited, you can read more about the original game story here:
http://stalker-game.com/index_eng.html

I'm going to start this as a very graphical chat program, login, walk around, talk with other people... and then add the RPG ellements step by step.

some facts/plans:

* Night/Day cycles.

* NPC's, but only as animals, all stalkers are real players.

* Large isometric landskapes.

* Sell, trade och collect artifats/items with special abilitys (some gives extra player attribytes) and so on.
it will even be posible to kill other stalkers and take there weapons/items/artifacts... but I'm shore it wont make you to popular in general... ;)

* Hunt your own food/drinks, without it you die.

* most likley diablo style game play.

* engine written in bmax.

CodeD(Posted 2005) [#4]
got it. i'll whip a few things up.

Xip(Posted 2005) [#5]
CodeD, did you fall a sleep? you never replyed on my Email? :)

Anatoly(Posted 2005) [#6]
Xip, ты русский? ;-)
Just interested...

Xip(Posted 2005) [#7]
@Anatoly: uhhh?

splinux(Posted 2005) [#8]
@Xip:
Have seen the gfx i sent to you?

Anatoly(Posted 2005) [#9]
Xip: Where did you get all these nice russian textures?

tonyg(Posted 2005) [#10]
If you're not aware of it then World Creator can help speed up isometric (and other) graphic creation.
WC 1.5 is freeware and WC 2.5 is Ј30.
World Creator

Xip(Posted 2005) [#11]
@Anatoly: Why oh why dont people read anything i write?!?!?! ....
to put it simple... I dident.
Its a FAN game on a nother Pro game... mening... i did NOT write the stalker game... im creating a Fan projekt to the community ho is tierd of waiting and i wanted to create somthing people can use until the devs releases the game Stalker...
the game im creating is the PNG sprite abouve the screenshot... the isometric handpixled one.

the stalker game is written by a russian game dev teem GSC, and sponsord by THQ.

i also said:
"the original game is found here:
www.stalker-game.com"

if you read the info on that page... you will now-how things are.

this is the second time someone assumes that i have created the stalker game when i write "a Fan projekt to the community..."

@spLinux: no? where did you send it? the only one iv got is from CodeD... ho has stop't replying to me (?)

@Tonyg: .... exept that, #1 i Like to do all my graphic by hand, isometric handpixling... pixel by pixel, i like the style, and the tecnique and so on...
#2, i dont like 3d, it is Not how i intend my game to look, and also... one can Not mix handpixel and 3d renderd. and on top of that... i think it might even be harder to implement that sort of graphic in to my engine.... so no, i dont think your map-ed will help me at all, sorry m8.

tonyg(Posted 2005) [#12]
Xip, calm down. It's only a suggestion and it's *NOT my map-editor (or any type of map-editor) so I'm glad you took the time to even look at it properly.
Anyway,
#1 Fair enough but WC will take your 2D pixel drawn image and your own defined mask and make it isometric.
#2 It's 2D *not* 3D or 3D rendered.

Xip(Posted 2005) [#13]
@tony:
ohh...hmm... i was looking at some sort of landskape-ed rightbefore i responded to your post and for some reason i looked at the name you printed "world creator" and did a parallel to the one i was looking on right before, i still think it has almost the same name(?) ...hmmm
it was some sort of "make 2d image to 3d lanskape" stuff... and i dident se the point or "speed gain" on using sutsh a tool for my pure 2d iso engine.

i tend to get a bit iretated when people always missanderstand me(ether that or worse, ignore me!), anyway... i did not ment to sound harsh or anything, but my game is very special and complex, and i dont think that a standard-fitt-for-all type of sprite-level editor can do the jobb, i need to write it my self, custom to the game engine.

#1: Make it isometric? isometric to me is not only how objects possition to each other, it is also about angels, shandings, higlights and a very special tecnique and style while drawing it... no mather how or what sprite-editor you use to put your objets in the game world, it is not isometric unless you drawn the object isometric from the begining... but i might be missanderstanding you ofcourse?

#2 ... well, like i mention abouv... i was looking on a nother editor with a simmular name thinking it was that one you were talking about.

and the reason for me calling it your app, was that it was on a new line, the last thing in your post, so i did misstock it for a ... ehh... what do we call them... some print ther name /xip, other ther homepage, or ther projekts... i notify people iv got dyslexia.... seemed like you responed to advertise on your software(people do this alot here)
sorry for the missanderstanding.

that is very enoying... its very cummon that i read things wrongly... i dont know why... some say its cus dyslexia... i anderstand the language 100% by sound, but when i read stuff i tend to swap words with each other... and even if i read the same text a 100 times over and over again... it will still turn out the same way in my head(even in my home swedish)... so ther is realy no way for me to be shure... its very enoying.
and of course, people always tend to missanderstand me(even so in this thread, i did Not create the stalker game nor the textures!), so this adds some extra frustration some times. well, it was nothing personal m8 ;)

[edit] oky, know i have installed and tryed the wc program, i dont se any reason why this program can help me in any way... it is simply not how i work.

splinux(Posted 2005) [#14]
@xip: your email isn't xip32@...?

Xip(Posted 2005) [#15]
uhm? yeas it is. ? did you got stuck in the spam filter ?:P

splinux(Posted 2005) [#16]
@xip: i'll resend you the images and a small bb program

Xip(Posted 2005) [#17]
@SbLinux: hmm... your latest post is posted 4 houir's ago, did you send that mail? i still havent got anything? :(
wonder whats wrong.... if you are sending any EXE, rename them to *._EXE , and the same for ZIP and RAR, might be the spam/virus filter on eather side, stoping your files?

even bether is not so send a compiled exe, if its writen in bmax or b2d, send the source insted. :)

splinux(Posted 2005) [#18]
@xip: there is an error: i sent you a .bb file and 3 .bmp files...
Total size: 502kb...
Now i try to send to you a .rar file as ._RAR...

PS: my email is splinux@...