platform stuff....again

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/platform stuff....again

scribbla(Posted 2005) [#1]
just playing about with some platform stuff, this texturing lark is giving me headache, give me a pile of bones to play with any day, me and seems just do not get on ;)

W.I.P

skn3(Posted 2005) [#2]
looks alright to me :)!

ashmantle(Posted 2005) [#3]
Yeah it looks very good. I would rather play with the normals of some of those edges on the top.. They seem a little hard compared to the rest..

top notch anyway ^^

scribbla(Posted 2005) [#4]
yep your quite right it did look a bit flat on that top bit, easy enough to fix :)

puki(Posted 2005) [#5]
I'll be honest, it looks okay to me - I suppose it all depends on what it is like when it is in motion. A lot of people thought Doom3 looked naff when looking at the static screenshots.

Amon_old(Posted 2005) [#6]
looks good if not a little smudged to me. The texture I mean.

Red Ocktober(Posted 2005) [#7]
that looks great... are ya kiddin'... i wish my stuff looked that good...

... half as good i'd settle for.

keep up the great work...

--Mike

scribbla(Posted 2005) [#8]
no smudge tools were used, just a shaky hand :)

but I do think it needs cleaning up a bit

IPete2(Posted 2005) [#9]
I agree with Mike, its looking wonderful man!

IPete2.

Stuart Morgan(Posted 2005) [#10]
For some reason it reminds me of Little Big Adventure 2.

Its looking great though (textures as well) :)

Ruz(Posted 2005) [#11]
I think the thing its lacking is definition. It looks vaguely rocky, vaguely grassy, but needs more refinement.

How about some alpha grass overhanging the rocks

scribbla(Posted 2005) [#12]
My main problem has been keeping it down to lore’s images, the platform above has really been for practice in painting and UV maps, I figured it was time to devote a little time to unwrapping

...a little time (that was optimistic)

after fighting with UVs and still getting crap results and bad seems, i finally sussed out a way to unwrap meshes in a smart fashion, so the thing above is scrap the next gen platforms will be part tiles and part painted so i can give more UV space to the painted texture

its all fun and games ;)

Panno(Posted 2005) [#13]
i like it :)

CodeD(Posted 2005) [#14]
I still think Doom 3 looks naff, 75% of the screen is RGB: 0,0,0 anyway! At any rate, the screenshots above look pretty cool.

Raitsun(Posted 2005) [#15]
doom 3 does definitely not look naff.
There is much levels that are more or less completely lighted. Check out Prey, it uses Doom3 Engine and you see it look fantastic.