Head - High res

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Head - High res

Ruz(Posted 2005) [#1]
Been re-working this head of late.

fredborg(Posted 2005) [#2]
It looks good. The nostrils are a bit too exagerated as is the valley bellow the lower lip. The forehead looks a little low, but is within 'human range' :)

Ruz(Posted 2005) [#3]
yeah, the nose and the ears are the main bits that needs improving IMHO.
I have done several version this, this guy being is a bit bulkier.
I am trying to get a range of human base meshes to work from for normal mapping practice

fredborg(Posted 2005) [#4]
What's it made with?

Looking at it a little more, I think the eye brows (/lids/sockets) are a little too horizontal, they tend to be angled more upward, but with the 'wrinkling forehead pose' (don't know the english word) it might be natural. Generally there is a pocket of fat at the outside of the eyelid, which makes the brow more softened toward the side of the head.

Ruz(Posted 2005) [#5]
I see what you mean, though to be honest , it mainly an exercise in getting to know z brush and also giving him a bit of character, rather than getting it 'perfect'
Notice the large nose, which is rather like mine. Some people though this was a drawing fault:)

Yeah I used zbrush and maya for this head.

The tendency in zbrush is to make everything a bit lumpy looking. great packakge though

fredborg(Posted 2005) [#6]
I understand, but there is not much fun in just posting 'Looks great!' :)

I've been looking at ZBrush2 myself earlier today, but I think I'll have to wait a few weeks to get it...

HNPhan(Posted 2005) [#7]
hey nice work man, I like it, its very stylized head. Ive also been using Zbrush2 and its really an amazing piece of software. I never knew why Max had such a hard time displaying the same amount of polygons as Zbrush or even Maya...

Jeroen(Posted 2005) [#8]
He looks like Steven Seagal!
Cool!

Ruz(Posted 2005) [#9]
fredborg, I appreciate the crit and take on board what you pointed out.
It does need some refinement really

Tiger z - zbrush 2 is cool (once you get over the interface)
I only learnt the basics so far, but am looking forward to doing more.
mm, max really seesm to chug with high poly counts, msya seems to cope better.