model for zombiegame

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/model for zombiegame

Raitsun(Posted 2005) [#1]
This is a model i made for a zombiegame i'm currently working on. It's set in the 50's in America and the main character will be a Rock'n Roller...

I made a human, male model a while ago, that now is my base for all other anatomic, male models. So that's why i can't really tell how many time the modelling took. Texturing was about 3 hours, well, there still are a few parts of the texture that don't really fit (the black dots on the arm)

It's 4334 Faces, of course a bit much for ingame-use. I will scale it down to 2000 polys, as i put it into the game.

Stuart Morgan(Posted 2005) [#2]
Whoa he looks scary! Nice model :-)

(Bet it would get frustrating not having a left arm...ahem)

*edit - Not sure about the red belt though.

Raitsun(Posted 2005) [#3]
yes.. belt got a little red... and he doesn't seem to bo closeable... or openable... i fixed it:

Bot Builder(Posted 2005) [#4]
Dunno about the crotch geo... I'd bring it in a bit

Awesome Texture!

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#5]
well done, pretty scary. Maybe reduce the saturation of the blue jeans.

Raitsun(Posted 2005) [#6]
Thanks fpr the crits... fixed Saturation of jeans, fits much better in the atmosphere i want to achieve.

@Bot Builder: Geo looks strange cause Polycount was reduced with an automatic tool. The Model i made as base for male anatomy has about 26.000 Polys.

Rob Farley(Posted 2005) [#7]
I was going to say I think the texture really lets it down, you seem to be hiding the geometry under the texture rather than enhancing it.

Raitsun(Posted 2005) [#8]
You are right, the Texture doesn't add much detail to the model that it doesn't already have, but in fact i want to scale down polycount to about 1000 or less, with this texture on, this makes almost no visible difference.