Model Repository

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Model Repository

SabataRH(Posted 2005) [#1]
Just opened a new section on Ac... have a peek

http://www.aliencodec.com/products/models/

Caff(Posted 2005) [#2]
More of a hut repository?

SabataRH(Posted 2005) [#3]
hehe yah for now... got some figures and sci-fi stuff coming tommorow...

Gabriel(Posted 2005) [#4]
Is it tomorrow yet? I'm curious to see more :)

Picklesworth(Posted 2005) [#5]
Cool huts.
Nice that you have demos too :D

SabataRH(Posted 2005) [#6]
Sybixsus, just waiting on Tranz to finish some up... There coming - promise!

DH(Posted 2005) [#7]
Change it Alienhead!!!! :-)

By that I was thinking of a repository AND a clasifieds..

A place where modellers/artists can answer requests for others and sell their services.. someone says:WANTED small green guy with the following features..... and artists answer his add with prices.

That is what I am looking for anyhow :-)

SabataRH(Posted 2005) [#8]
I like that idea. Lemme see what I can do towards this. Thanks.

DH(Posted 2005) [#9]
I like that idea. Lemme see what I can do towards this. Thanks.

Figured you would :-)

I was thinking about doing it myself, however I don't want to dedicated the time to:
A. coding the site so people can use it as a 'wanted' section with allowing for modeller responses.
B. Advertise the site, cause I would want to get a huge following to give all the users who visit the best resource possible (gateway to modellers).

Although, I would be offering it for free because cost would drive many people (like myself) away from the site.
Although, you could charge a 'listing' fee (say like offer package deals 20 listings for $5 or something, and that wouldnt be too expensive for my blood).

If you were using ASP instead of php I would offer you a hand :-P

JoeRetro(Posted 2005) [#10]
Although, I would be offering it for free because cost would drive many people (like myself) away from the site.
Although, you could charge a 'listing' fee (say like offer package deals 20 listings for $5 or something, and that wouldnt be too expensive for my blood).

Offering a free service is the way to go. By doing so you will increase web traffic and can figure out how to use this accordingly. Within several months you reach success, perhaps then look into charging a fee. But first you need to attract people.

Just my $0.02